Barclays taking me to court when I was about to take them, Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks, though was worried at first, any advice on how to change defence etc, will I have to wait untill after january then? what do you think about the test case etc? do I have to start paying them like they suggest? the debt is defunct now according to the figures I have.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As they have requested a stay. You could inform them as your account is in dispute. You do not want to pay them until the OFT case is settled.

Only do this if you want to avoid paying them the £50 per month. Bearing in mind if the banks win they may request you to pay in full. As you now think your debt to them is much less and maybe non existent. The letter below should help you. As far as ammending your defence is concerned. At this moment in time if your case has been stayed you might be as well holding off to see which side of the fence the ball comes down in. You will have to pay £35 and submit an N244. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/41901-form-n244-application-notice.html. So the choice is yours i am afraid.

This letter should stop any action against you. Good luck.

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

Re: Account in Disptute

I am writing to clarify that I am currently in the process of requesting a refund of bank charges unlawfully made to my account.

I note from your latest correspondence that you are proposing to accept payment of £50 per month for the reduction of the said debt. I need to make you fully aware that I am disputing the sum owed and, as such, you must refrain from any further action until this dispute is fully resolved.

If you do proceed with any default action and make any adverse comments on my credit reference files, I shall be forced to take legal action against you under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Yours sincerely,

libellule

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.