Letters from DTI /Oft Regarding CCA1974 Issues

Peterbard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

arrup.jpgSECTION VII - THE DATA SUBJECT'S RIGHT TO OBJECT

Article 14 The data subject's right to object

Member States shall grant the data subject the right:

(a) at least in the cases referred to in Article 7 (e) and (f), to object at any time on compelling legitimate grounds relating to his particular situation to the processing of data relating to him, save where otherwise provided by national legislation. Where there is a justified objection, the processing instigated by the controller may no longer involve those data;

(b) to object, on request and free of charge, to the processing of personal data relating to him which the controller anticipates being processed for the purposes of direct marketing, or to be informed before personal data are disclosed for the first time to third parties or used on their behalf for the purposes of direct marketing, and to be expressly offered the right to object free of charge to such disclosures or uses.

Member States shall take the necessary measures to ensure that data subjects are aware of the existence of the right referred to in the first subparagraph of (b).

Article 15 Automated individual decisions

1. Member States shall grant the right to every person not to be subject to a decision which produces legal effects concerning him or significantly affects him and which is based solely on automated processing of data intended to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to him, such as his performance at work, creditworthiness, reliability, conduct, etc.
  2. Subject to the other Articles of this Directive, Member States shall provide that a person may be subjected to a decision of the kind referred to in paragraph 1 if that decision:
    (a) is taken in the course of the entering into or performance of a contract, provided the request for the entering into or the performance of the contract, lodged by the data subject, has been satisfied or that there are suitable measures to safeguard his legitimate interests, such as arrangements allowing him to put his point of view; or
    (b) is authorized by a law which also lays down measures to safeguard the data subject's legitimate interests.
  3. Article 1 Object of the Directive

1. In accordance with this Directive, Member States shall protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons, and in particular their right to privacy with respect to the processing of personal data.
    2. Member States shall neither restrict nor prohibit the free flow of personal data between Member States for reasons connected with the protection afforded under paragraph

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nice to have you josie

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 2 weeks later...

• Haha 1

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Hi J

Great work

Many thanks from all who will benifit

Best regards

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 1 month later...
:D 1..

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

• 1 month later...
Now, for a lender to reconstruct a document from his records, he will need to know the content of the original agreement. If he has your original agreement then why not just send the copy.

Because in many cases they have lost the original.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=521

N265 list of documents standard disclosure

looking at this form

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n265_1005.pdf

on page 3 of 3

at

(A) top left ...(too much hard work to quote ).... quite often claimant is economical with the truth here

and

(b) bottom left

we see bottom left

list and number here, the documents you once had in your control , but which you no longer have. For each document say when it was last in your control and where it is now

you get deceiving rubbish like :- all originals of documents as listed above are copies as contained within the original file (the con is they mean electronic file --- not paper !!) opened at the claimants premises

so how would they fill this in perhaps its a QUORN credit card agreement .......

as we all know Quorn meat is reconstituted !!!

Tam Wing Chuen -v- Bank of Credit and Commerce Hong Kong Ltd [1996] 2 BCLC 69

PC

Lord Mustill Commonwealth,

Lord Mustill discussed the need to construe a contract contra preferentem: "the basis of the contra proferentem principle is that the person who puts forward the wording of a proposed agreement may be assumed to have looked after his own interests, so that if words leave room for doubt about whether he is intended to have a particular benefit there is reason to suppose that he is not."

I just can't imagine going to court on a contract dispute and saying 'well, your honour, if I still had a copy of the contract this is what it would have looked like and the signatures would have appeared here':confused::confused:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I just can't imagine going to court on a contract dispute and saying 'well, your honour, if I still had a copy of the contract this is what it would have looked like and the signatures would have appeared here':confused::confused:

I would argue that they shoul only be able to supply a "reconstructed" agreement if they hold the original - otherwise they could make up all of the contents of it and you would not be able to dispute it.

Also, in order for them to actually get any enforcement through the courts, the orginal must be supplied. Any order made without the original should me appealed - there is plenty of case law stating this.

I had one company supply a "recinstructed" agreement with no sigs on it. I questioned them and asked for them to confirm if they held the original and if they did to supply it. I told them that if they do not have the original I believed they may have committed an offence under the Fraud Act and I required them to prove they hadn't. I got a nasty letter back from the sols telling me to retract the statement and answert a load of questions acknowledging the debt otherwise they would sue me defamation.

Once I explained that defamation only occurs if an allegation is placed in the public domain and is incorrect and that I had reported them to the Solicitor's Regulation Authority (SRA) for breach of their guidelines, they replied with a nice letter saying that they ewre confused what I was claiming for. They said, if I was claiming that the agreement was unenfrocable due to lack of the original then they would stop all collection activitiy but the account would remain on my creidt file.

They also said that they were "shocked and disappoined" that I had felt the need to report them to the SRA and asked for copies of all correspondence I send to them. I told them I was shocked and disappointed that they belieeve their behaviour didn't warrant them being reported.

I told them to remove everything as the agreement is totally unenforcable and that I would repoort them under the Fraud Act if theyu didn't. I am waiting fo rtheir reply!!!

haha

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

hahaha - made them spit their dummies out then - well done;)

Clutching at straws comes to mind. Highly unenforceable straws at that.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 3 months later...

thanks for collating these letters

subscribing

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Dear Mr. Walton

Further to our discussion, the question you asked is whether a debtor could continue to make requests under Section 77 post judgment. The Act is silent on this particular matter and as such we presume that this is the case until the debt is discharged. As we have discussed previously, this is not a definitive statement of the law and a court may or may not take this position. Equally, this is a general comment and, as with our previous communications, should not be taken as advice on your particular circumstances.

I understand that you have sought assistance from your Local Authority Trading Standards Service (LATSS) and that the view expressed by it was broadly the same. As the OFT cannot comment or intervene in individual matters and so unfortunately I am unable to assist you further, you may wish to continue to seek assistances from your LATSS.

Yours sincerely

Henry Aitchison

Consumer Credit Enforcement

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and

intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they

are addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify

system.administrator@oft.gov.uk immediately.

The Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London EC4Y 8JX

Switchboard (020) 7211 8000

Web Site: The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Forwarding their latest t&cs of an agreement does not suffice as we know this is backed up by the Chief Exec of the OFT.

Paul

oftletter1.jpg

oftletter2.jpg

Edited by paulwlton
  • Haha 1

Winston Churchill