PT2537's CCA request against Littlewoods

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Dpick,

can you enplane the FOS route ppl

thanks

Hi went through the routine of complain to Littlewoods re two defaults on account that does not have an agreement re CCA 1974 contrary to s87(1) of CCA also that the default value included charges, PPI and interest that we had stopped claiming back to reduce account balance when Littlewoods admited no agreement will not pursue debt, do not know if claim would have cleared balance never got that far. Had to wait for letter saying they would not remove etc from Littlewoods so we could then pursue Littlewoods with FOS. Since we complained to FOS, FOS have written to Littlewoods to say they are investigating complaint and they (FOS) are waiting for response from Littlewoods. Checked CRA file and one default record has now disappeared totally not just amended though no communication from anyone regarding this removal of the record from the CRA file not even an e-mail for an alert regarding a change on file, while I did get an alert for a search of the CRA file, I have since informed FOS of this development.

dpick

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any developments with this case paul?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Not yet, i am concentrating on some personal stuff currently, so i have again had to put the case on the back burner

they will keep so im not toooo bothered at the momnet

• 2 months later...

Paul - you are an inspiration.

Not entirely sure how this ended (or if it has yet).

Hope the exams went ok and that father inlaw has made a good recovery.

If you have time - and if this ever concludes, can you give an update as to what happened with the 3 catalogue battles and the ICO looking into the Data Protection details you had mentioned?

I understand you are busy with assisting others and with your personal life. I have been trying to assist someone on another forum with issues you have raised in this thread and have found it really helpful and informative. I'm just not sure if he'll need to keep this up until it becomes statute barred though!! :D

Just to let you know you have another groupie lurking and singing your praises.

regards

George

Hi George

This has been on the back burner im afraid, i must get around to removing the nasty stuff from my credit file but time is the problem,

i will update when i finally get around to dealing with this

With regards to exams, oh heck, ive got some more coming up in October, time flies as they say.

the last exam i passed with flying colours so im pleased with that

may be after the exams i will get back on to Littlewoods;)

Regards

Paul

• 8 months later...

right then, time to resurrect this old thread

Littlewoods have placed 4, Yes 4 Defaults on my credit file, im not a happy bunny as it is causing me a weeeee bit of harm in the work states

So, i have bitten the bullet letter of claim in the post, 21 days for them toreply, and then im off to court ala Durkin if they dont remove the default, which incidently is incorrect anyway as i only had 3 accounts and the outstanding balance is way offff the mark also

Littlewoods have placed 4, Yes 4 Defaults on my credit file, im not a happy bunny as it is causing me a weeeee bit of harm in the work states

So, i have bitten the bullet letter of claim in the post, 21 days for them toreply, and then im off to court ala Durkin if they dont remove the default, which incidently is incorrect anyway as i only had 3 accounts and the outstanding balance is way offff the mark also

Go get em pt.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Give em hell :D:D

S.

Oh I'm sure he will TS ;)

you can count upon it

i never had 4 accounts, so that is clearly wrong

secondly, they never complied with the requirements of the law on entry into credit and therefore cannot claim they are entitled to defame my credit file

Durkin and DSG is fantastic case law for this type of scenario

you can count upon it

i never had 4 accounts, so that is clearly wrong

secondly, they never complied with the requirements of the law on entry into credit and therefore cannot claim they are entitled to defame my credit file

Durkin and DSG is fantastic case law for this type of scenario

oh pt the wonderful world of littlewoods eh

they are a law unto themselves (or so they think) go get em ;)

well since i started this thread, unfortunatley for littlewoods, i have been taught how to draft particulars of claim by a very good barrister,

so, letter of claim in the post to them tuesday, if no reply is recieved in 21 days then i shall trot off to the Southampton County Court and file my claim,

I will be seeking damages to be assessed by the court, the leading case of Durkin is very helpful and they do not have a sigend agreement with me so, they cannot claim to be entitled to damage my credit file

well since i started this thread, unfortunatley for littlewoods, i have been taught how to draft particulars of claim by a very good barrister,

so, letter of claim in the post to them tuesday, if no reply is recieved in 21 days then i shall trot off to the Southampton County Court and file my claim,

I will be seeking damages to be assessed by the court, the leading case of Durkin is very helpful and they do not have a sigend agreement with me so, they cannot claim to be entitled to damage my credit file

Hi PT.

I'm in exactly the same boat with Littlewoods. No credit agreement (I have that in writing, as well as not enforcing the agreement??), but they still feel obliged to screw my credit file by recording the debt as 'unsatisfied' (no default notices as yet).

Could you PM me the PoC you are to use so I can peruse it and modify for my own use. No rush as I feel I have to write to them (citing DPA) to give them a chance (21 days) to refuse first!

Hi guys

Im not so keen on posting the POCs until i can post them along side a judgment.

the reason is i would not want anyone to blindly follow my case and launch proceedings without me being able to show that i have indeed had success with them

once ive won then you can have the whole bundle, witness statements etc

Got this from Littlewoods this weekend:

littlewoodsadmissionpage1deletions.jpg

littlewoodsadmissionpage2.jpg

I posted off a stinging "get off my credit files" letter then I re-read the penultimate paragraph very carefully :oops:

Is it worth recording as a WIN ?

:-D

Thats a good result with Littlewoods, I wish Next would do the same when they have no agreements!

Would be interested in seeing the poc etc of your case with Littlewoods please pt once it is over.

I did wonder about the phrase

....we and a number of other credit providers have agreed to pool certain types of information about customers' conduct of their accounts.
Could this be misconstrued as 'blacklisting' ?? :(

....we and a number of other credit providers have agreed to pool certain types of information about customers' conduct of their accounts.

I did wonder about the phrase Could this be misconstrued as 'blacklisting' ?? :(

From the way that letter reads, i don't think that can be misconstrued at all. They are pooling your 'account conduct' information with other parties and by the way this is worded, it is not just entries of missed payments on your credit file.

I would like to see what legislation allows them to do this and how any future creditor would access the information - and what that information is.