HSBC Card Services

wednesday1867
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is what im sending, unless any late help comes :)

I write in reply to your letter dated XX July 07 concerning my request for all statements for my old credit card account.

I draw your attention to your statement that in my original request under the Data Protection Act, that in no way did I mention that it was for my credit card. I addressed both the envelope and letter to HSBC Card Services, which is far as I am aware HSBC’s department for Credit Cards?

The fact that you also say because I didn’t mention it was a request for history of my credit card, that you didn’t receive it in “this” office, so I take it, now my complaint is in your office that your office deals with Credit Cards? I just find it strange I sent all my correspondence to the same address you now want me to reply to, by the address on the supplied envelope you supplied to me. I find this excuse poor, it is far from my fault if your department, took it upon themselves to do something else with my legal request.

You also mention “The card number you supplied”, I didn’t supply any account number, no wonder you require my original request. I also note that you want me to supply you with a copy statement from my account, I do not work for HSBC in anyway, I wrote to you asking for you to supply me with the copy statements, not the reverse.

I am surprised that my HSBC accounts are not linked in anyway on your system. I can tell you I made direct debits to HSBC Card Services from my HSBC Current Account(XXXXXXXX), the few I have found are dated XXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXX. My previous address was XX Somehere St, Some Village I would expect this information to help in locating my account information.

I have enclosed copies of the letters I have sent you, including my Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998, which originally gave you 40 days to comply. I consider this deadline to have been passed and as far as I am concerned you are in default with my request.

I understand you are likely to tell me that you only hold account history for 6 years, but I know the Inland Revenue requires you to hold onto information for at least 7 years, so under the original Subject Access Request, I require statements for the full history of my credit card account, from date I signed up to the date the account was closed, whether this be in the form of statements, fiche or other recording methods.

If you keep your stance of my data possibly being deleted, I would require exact confirmation of when and how my data was destroyed and confirmation of your company policy on data retention. I would then ask the Information Commissioner to look into why my data was prematurely deleted.

So just to clarify, the information I have included, should help you find my account and I request a full history of transactions and charges relating to my old credit card account, whatever format it may be in. If I do not receive a satisfactory response within 14 days or by XX July 07, I will lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner and any other organisation I feel fit.

Kind of need full history, after checking bank statements, seems i paid direct debit and probably all charges are after the 6yr time frame.

• 2 weeks later...

As you have stated in your letter you will complain to the Information Commissioner, then I would lodge a complaint to them first. Here is a link to their site:-

Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Cheers Jo, thing that gets me, im fighting HSBC for a Managed Loan with no agreement, to justify no agreement, a letter i received from HSBC, told me the loan was for this credit card and overdraft :rolleyes:

Cant be bothered with HSBC Card Services, ive got a couple of busy days at work, Essex today then Carlisle tomorrow :eek:

So will get the complaint filed as soon as possible :D

Well odds are my current account claim is gonna get a stay banged on it, ill have to go after HSBC on oh sooooooooo many other levels :lol:

Today received a letter dated 24 July, same day i filed the complaint with the Information Commissioner :lol: He doesnt mess about does he :cool:

Letter read

After fully investigating the matter, i note your profile does not show any active accounts and does not show any information relating to a credit card. However, i have managed to trace an old Credit Card number for you which was purged from your account in 2003 No S***, what ive said all along :confused: it reads like they did really well finding it.

I have raised an internal request for copies of your statements to be sent to you and that they should go back as far as possible. Whats the odds the "as far as possible" turns out to be July 2001?These will be sent to you in the next 40 days, i hope this is satisfactory to you. Far from it, but is that gonna change anything?

I sincerely apologise blah blah

Well when i asked for the statements for my Managed Loan, i got them in about 7 days, lets see how long it take for these to turn up :rolleyes:

Complaint filed :D

For what good its worth :rolleyes:

Well it appears it was a waste of time :(

Just received an email from the Information Commissioner, this is what they have to say

What will the Information Commissioner’s Office now do with your complaint about the failed subject access request?

Unfortunately, from the information you have provided it does not appear that you are making a valid complaint. This is because you have not supplied your account number

So no account number, no complaint..................

Sink me, but HSBC are stupid - or are they? I am currently doing battle with them on several fronts (current account overdraft, old flexiloan account that was with MCS, and credit card)

My S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) specifically mentioned the credit card account; HSBC claim not to have received the SAR. When I pointed out that they had signed for it, they suddenly found it! Two days before their time was up, I rang them. They claimed not to have received the SAR again. I reminded them that they had tried that lie before, and stab me if they didn't find it again. They then said that they would send me a form, in order that I could tell them exactly what information I wanted; I replied that this was unnecessary, because I wanted all data held on me by HSBC and any subsidiary company. At one point they refused to tell me exactly what was on the form because it was 'confidential'. When I pointed out to them that they were about to send me it, so it could hardly be a secret, they agreed to read it to me.

They persisted, however, in insisting that the form was completed, though apparently it was not so they could determine what data I wanted - suddenly it was because they wanted me to go to a branch so my signature could be witnessed as a prerequisite for a SAR! As I live in Northern Ireland this meant a trip to Belfast (I billed them for it), but the branch staff were stumped, never having seen or heard of this form before. They didn't like my voice recorder either, and when I declined the offer of a chat in private (they were always happy to discuss my finacial affairs in the public area of the branch, so why not this?), they were most put out.

Anyway, I have to say the HSBC Compliance people in Sheffield were very good, and kept me informed all the way. It seems, however, that HSBC's default setting is to assume SARs are just about statements, and send them offshore; you have to tell them that your request for all data is err, a request for all data.

Alas, MCS, DG Solicitors and HSBC Credit Cards were very slow in forwarding everything, their data arriving a month after the rest, and long after the deadline.

A cynical person might think that HSBC are deliberately taking their time - or maybe it is just incompetence.

I complained to the Information Commissioner; when I phoned, they asked if I thought complaining worthwhile, since all they do, apparently, is send a monthly list of complainants to the banks and ask them to comply.

A cynical person might think that HSBC are deliberately taking their time - or maybe it is just incompetence.

To be honest i think HSBC know exactly what they are doing, screwing us Joe Public :roll:

When i sent them a CCA request about my loan, informing them i was ceasing payments, my loan statements were with me within 7-10 days.

Now when i want paying, meaning the unlawful charges, they drag their heels :mad: . I can guarantee, i wont receive any statements til the end of the 40 days as they said in their last letter. Which cuts my claim down by another month and as my account was closed in 2003, doesnt leave me a lot to claim :rolleyes:

I have just finished going through the data provided by HSBC Card Services. They have helpfully provided a statement saying that they have now provided me with all the data they hold. No copy of any agreement, and no copies of any of their letters (though they are all noted in the log sheet), so that'll be no more money for them.

Amusingly, MCS' contribution consists of a list of letters, obviously prepared just for the purpose of fulfilling the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). Not good enough, unless they are going to confirm that this is all they have. Again, there is no agreement for the loan this related to, and I see that they sold it to Robinson Way on the same day they sent the SAR info to their Compliance Dept.

DG Sols have provided nothing, but there is no statement to the effect that they hold no data, so complaints to Info Com and the Law Society, I think.

[tin foil hat]

Recently I changed my car insurance to one provided by M&S Money. I gave my new, non-HSBC bank account details. Imagine my surprise when I received a letter telling me they intended to cancel the policy as the bank had rejected the direct debit. I checked my account - d/d in place but no money taken. I rang M&S, who told me that HSBC had declined the payment. I explained that my account is elsewhere - put on hold for minute or two - then told it was an error at their end, the policy would not be cancelled, and not to worry. I thought perhaps I'd given them the HSBC details, but no - the policy was started long after I'd binned the HSBC account. One of those things, I thought, until I noticed, at the bottom of M&S Money's letterhead, in tiny, faint printing: 'A wholly-owned subsidiary of HSBC Bank plc'. Spooky, no? [/tin foil hat]