Natwest Terms and conditions

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only T&C's we seem to have for current accounts are those for May 2002 at post number 55 on this thread (thanks to steven). Steven's also included (at post 31) current NW T&C's along with a commentary on why these are penalty charges. If you need to have your court bundle in within the next couple of days - it may be worthwhile looking at post 31. Anybody's who's written to NW requesting all T&C's and had no response - I'm wondering if it's worth including this letter so that it can at least be shown that they've been requested?

Regardless, I think we do need some advice on here as we're a bit thin of the ground for NW T&C's.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I have this one if it's any help. It's in a PDF file.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Just got post and in it was letter from Natwest. It says they will give me more details in the next ten working days as they are in contact with their Group Archive dept. They hope to resolve my query etc. They give a number 0845 3010552 for any queries on tandc's. Well, it's something isn't it.

Jec

not sure what this game is. Have you started court action yet if not then this is just delay tactics.

If you have started court action then tell thenm it is not acceptable

StevePM

If you find this useful please tip my scales

First win £5k+ another five on the go all with NatWest

Thanks Steve

Yeah, court acton started 5 June no defense yet, but I want my day in court so am compiling info now. Any advice / effective letter (steve or any mod - site helper) on what to say to them now???? I sent this email

Dear Sir/Madam

I recently sent a letter to Stuart Higley regarding the terms and conditions on my account xxxxxxx opened 1992, requested under CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6©. for my claim number 7QZ84607 in the Northampton County Court. I have had a reply from Noreen King looking into the matter. I have still not received the papers. I must insist that as time is of the essence I will require these terms and conditions as is my right without delay. I will need to inform the County Court Judge if compliance is disregarded.

Yours sincerely,

jec

Here's theirs'

Dear jec

Thank you for your email.

I confirm that our South West Customer Service Centre are currently investigating your request, and have logged your concern under reference xxxxxx. They will reply to you shortly about this.

Chris Foster

Customer Relations

Customer.Relations@Natwest.com

Plus letter saying similar bogoff.

DrWu

I would strongly advise against that course of action - the one case that was lost in court was lost precisely because there were no T&Cs before the judge. Put the lastest ones in if you can't find any others.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the advice (and the PM!).

I've reconsidered after reading about it more (followed your link) and I'm putting in some terms and conditions. Do you think I should mention that they aren't the original ones in my pack, or simply paste them onto a page and title it "terms and conditions" ?

many thanks!

Hi DrWu

You could note that they are the current ones rather than the ones in operation when you opened the account. THe latest NatWest T&Cs are available here (and the 2002 ones and some ones for 1992 and 1999 courtesy of jec) together with a brief explanation of why the charges under these T&Cs are considered to be penalties (you could add that too in the same section of the bundle)

Steven

• Haha 1

Jec

Do youhave a court date? If you have a couple of weeks, your best bet is to write to Cobbetts and ask them to provide a coy of the T&Cs applicable at the time you opened your accoun"t pursuant to CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6©" You should get tham in a few days.

When you get them, please could you copy them to me so I can add them to the link on the post above.

Steven

Steven, after sending letters to Cobbetts, Natwest and Head office, followed up by repeat letters and emails the 1992 current plus account T and C's landed on my door step plus the advantage gold 1999. Want any?

Janice

Steven, after sending letters to Cobbetts, NatWest and Head office, followed up by repeat letters and emails the 1992 current plus account T and C's landed on my door step plus the advantage gold 1999. Want any?

Janice

Yes please. I'll add them to the list on the web.

I'll PM you with my e-mail address

Steven

Yes please. I'll add them to the list on the web.

I'll PM you with my e-mail address

Steven

92 ones sent just give me a mo to send on 1999.

janice

OK steven when you have had time to digest all of the papers I sent, could you or any mod let me know if I should send the 1992 t&c's (when my acct was first opened), the 1999 (ones when I switched to ADGold) or both as both are pertinent?

Janice

Janice

Thanks for the T&Cs - I have added them to the set I have here

This set now includes various T&Cs from 1992, 1999, 2001, 2002 and 2006 - if anyone has any more please let me know (the ones posted by aviator in post #78 are 2006 BTW). If you write to Cobbetts and say you want a copy of of the relevant T&Cs "pursuant to CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6©" you usually get them (eventually). If you are just starting out on a claim, ask for them in your SAR.

In answer to your question Janice, if you are claiming charges for the whole period you need to send both

Steven

I am sorry can I ask you experienced folk, how do you know which ones are for you. I am claiming from Natwest from Oct 2002 to March 2007, do I need lots of different T's and C's or perhaps just the oldest ones I can get hold of. In addition, how do I get hold of them, do I just print of what Fendy has got hold which (which is loads and thanks to her for all her hard work!) or do I need to get hold of them another way. Sorry, complete novice here and desperate to get on with my claim. thanks in advance

Hi Rob (pooh)

You just need the T&Cs from when you opened the account unless you changed your account (eg to Advantage Gold) then you need the T&Cs rom then as well - at least in principle.

POst 91 above has a link to the 2002 T&Cs so you will find them there.

Steven

In answer to your question Janice, if you are claiming charges for the whole period you need to send both

Steven

Stellar man Steven,

If I could tip your scales for the help I would, but they say I gotta spread the love around elsewhere more. Hubby and i thank you.

Janice

Hi dippy

How are you trying to open the .pdf file? If you haven't got it on your computer you will need to download and install adobe acrobat from Adobe - Adobe Reader Download - All versions

Steven

Hi dippy

How are you trying to open the .pdf file? If you haven't got it on your computer you will need to download and install adobe acrobat from Adobe - Adobe Reader Download - All versions

Steven

thaks steve i have got that downloaded but i have tried it and itsays what file outlet or somthing like that what do i put thanks:oops:

What exactly does it say?

Steven

Are you trying to open them with adobe acrobat or something else? I've jsut tried all of them and the open OK

Steven