sharongina v hsbc: court hearing 28 june ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats Lat.

One letter I shall send, It just seemed stange there was nothing from the court about what to do next, does this seem odd or can instructions from the court come later?

Hi

If I were you, I'd call the court to double-check whether the AQ is still required? If it isn't, then check that the fee still isn't payable if the AQ's to be dispensed with. Get it in writing if you can. I believe you still have to pay a further £100 if your claim's over £1500. This is recoverable from the bank as part of your costs.

Check with some of the others on here, but think I'm at least partly right...:D

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's true an aq is still required in a very few cases - sometimes the local judge opts for one - but you will be told if this is true and then a fee would be payable. and it is true that some courts are requriing an allocation fee even if the aq isn't used - you can ring the local court and ask specifically if an aq fee is required - at this time - it is usually not but always best to check.

Hi

I rang the court, I had been told to ring back after 4.30 the clerk told me the district jugde is now looking at several bank charge cases he will be making a decission today whether these cases will be going through small claims, AQ questionaires have been despenced with, but he may make a decission about some kind of mediation any one know any thing about this?

I have to ring back about 4.45 today

It was the same for me. I phoned the court and they told me to pay it but they didn't notify me previously.

Its a good idea to ring your local court and ask the question. Make a note of the persons name and the time and date, especially if they tell you you don't have to pay!:)

hi - about the £100 aq fee - this is the letter i got from court

althought the district judge has dispensed with aloocation questionnaires in this matter the fee for allocation track is still payable.

the fee of £100.00 should be lodged with the court office within 14 days of reciept of this letter. if you do not pay the allocation fee when required the court may make an order striking out your claim.

in light of the red bit above i would definatly suggest to all once you have had the initial defence sent to you ring the court if there is no mention of this fee and 1. find out when the judge is reviewing your case and 2. ask the clerk if the judge requires you to pay the allocation fee. 3.then send a nudge letter to DG telling them its now going to cost them £100.00 more blah blah can i have my money back (there is a template for this in latties thread).

I have posted my cheque for £100.00 and sent DG a letter going to ring the clerk to see if they have recieved it. And in 9 days i will be sending another nundge to DG reminding them of my case etc and that im v determined and.

hopefully the judge in my case does not goto mediation route - i want my day in court.:D

Hi

Just rang the court as requested,

it appears the judge hasn't had time to do today as only a junior in! I have been told, the AQ has been dispensed with, the Judge is taking them with him to Shrewbury court tomorrow and the clerk said, it would (appear) the Judge will order through on small claims so I have been told to ring next Wednesday to find out, no earlier as it appears that Oswestry court is bogged down with bank charges claims.

It looks like I may have got out of the mediation!

i have just added it on to my total in the nudge letter - this fee would be added in with costs by the court i think and if not when dg dont show i will add it to my wasted costs letter to the judge to get it back that way.

unless someone has a better idea of what will happen at that stage with regards to the fee addition id be interested.

it is 14 days from the date of the letter you recieve telling you about dg lodging a defence if you did not recieve this letter then this could be due to the backlog of cases the clerk told me at my courts that it was about 5days behind due to backlog and on the day the judge was to review the case i recieved the letter.

upon recieving this letter i posted cheque same day and nudge letter to dg.

i have just added it on to my total in the nudge letter - this fee would be added in with costs by the court i think and if not when dg dont show i will add it to my wasted costs letter to the judge to get it back that way.

unless someone has a better idea of what will happen at that stage with regards to the fee addition id be interested.

My schedule of charges consisted of 2 pages. I added another sheet with the MCOL filing fee of £120 plus allocation fee of £100.

k will do that on my second nudge i dont this on my first nudge tho

I am mindful of the vast number of claims with which you are currently dealing. But if by making me a half-hearted offer the day (15/05/07) you file a defence was meant to discourage me - it has had the opposite effect and I am now more determined than ever to see this through all the way to a court room if necessary. In order to more speedily resolve this matter, I am willing to accept the sum of £2668.00. This sum includes my charges(£2042.41), costs(£220.00) and interest(£405.59). I do not agree to waive my rights in respect of any other actions, nor do I agree to a clause of

yeah sorry bout that didnt explain that - the letter telling me they had filed defence also stated allocation to track blah blah maybe each court send different standards of letters.