Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters

reload
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I got a response today from Lloyds TSB, similar to the below responses posted by reload, they now include a section about the OFT decision and say they DO NOT AGREE WITH THE POSITION OF THE OFT! and are talking it through with them. They go on to say the OFT decision relates to credit cards and not bank charges which are fixed charges and not penalty payments (not certain how they can differentiate as it amounts to an unjustifiable charge being levied against the account). Anyway, they go on to say they cannot refund the charges and if I am not happy to approach the ombudsman. Next step then is the follow up letter giving notice of action. Thanks to all who have contributed, it has been of great help to me in taking this forward. Will post updates as and when I have them...

Already sent DPA SARS to Mint, Tesco credit card and halifax, so awaiting responses from them.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

i am a lloyds customer. they take charges from me in one hand i take them back with the other. write to :

customer service recovery centre

125 colmore row

birmingham

b3 3sf

name : stacey cope miss asisstant manager

Hi folks -

Just to say that I've now got Lloyds TSB's response to my LBA and that it is very similar to the standard letter. BUT I dropped the para about the OFT and indeed Lloyds has also dropped that para in their response. Which means that they are reading the letters individually and responding individually. So, as someone said above, treat Lloyds' letters as individual, custom responses to you. Be careful I reckon.

btw, I think I was just trying to keep it simple - maybe someone can tell me if dropping the OFT para was a mistake!

kind regards to all, maryt

------------

13/2/07 - full settlement from Lloyds TSB

14/2/07 - 5% (rounded up!) to CAG - THANKS!

Maybe this is a new one for them? After the first request for a refund we got this -

"" You have my assurance that we will investigate the concerns you have raised with us - this may take a little time but I would expect our enquiries to be complete within two weeks. We will then be able to respond in full to your complaint and at that stage, I hope, resolve matters between us. "

Anyone else had one like that?

Hi Tinky, the first thing you need to do is read and reread the FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

The letter templates you’ll need are here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Finally start a thread in the bank forum relevant to you. That way you can keep a timeline of your progress and receive help and support where needed.

Best of luck with your claim.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Maybe this is a new one for them? After the first request for a refund we got this -

"" You have my assurance that we will investigate the concerns you have raised with us - this may take a little time but I would expect our enquiries to be complete within two weeks. We will then be able to respond in full to your complaint and at that stage, I hope, resolve matters between us. "

Anyone else had one like that?

I just got one today - is there any significance? When does your next letter go - I'm assuming we don't actually give them a couple of weeks to complete their enquiries. I'm scheduled to send my LBA next Monday.

Thanks, to all of you

For the information and issues discussed. I really do not know where I would start if others had not trodden the path I will shortly take. So I anticpate future requests for assistance and help as I am still a little confused. Unfortunately I am one of these individuals who needs a step bt step guide.

Regards,

Ponderosa

Hi Reloaded

Well, here is my first post. Thanks so much for posting the template letters received from Lloyds. I am just sitting here, pondering whether to go down the road of claiming back my bank charges, and I have to say, I am very nervous. If I had received one of their template letters, I would have cried like a baby, and run a mile! I dunno what to do. I am so torn, as to whether to start this or not.

I have to send the first letter to them, asking them to provide details of all charges made on my account. I guess when I see an amount, I will then decide if I am brave enough to risk it.

I have always felt that I was in the wrong for not managing my finances right, but was always shocked at the amount that they charge!

Any advice you could give would be gratefully received.

Yours

Scouser Abroad.

NEWBIE!

This is my first post so "hi to all".

I have completed the first letter to Lloyds, got the generic response. I have completed the court letters and have just received a response from the court to say that Lloyds are disputing and defending all of this claim for £8200.

I wasn't aware of this website sadly and am now trying to play catch up.

Can someone point me in the direction of the recommended plan of attack? I don't want to screw this up... robbing gits!

19th Jan 2007 - WON - Lloyds £5946.22

This is my first post so "hi to all".

I have completed the first letter to Lloyds, got the generic response. I have completed the court letters and have just received a response from the court to say that Lloyds are disputing and defending all of this claim for £8200.

I wasn't aware of this website sadly and am now trying to play catch up.

Can someone point me in the direction of the recommended plan of attack? I don't want to screw this up... robbing gits!

Hi Myphisto go to the FAQ and read these thoroughly, there is a step by step guide as to the correct process to follow, and templates of all the letters you will need in the library.

Has anyone posted a LTSB for a claim for Credit Card charges on this thread? Just had a quick scan but can't find it.

I'll copy mine onto here tomorrow it that's OK?

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Hi, does anyone have a copy of Shellshocked telephone conversation they could foward onto me?

thanks

o0oliambeeo0o

Prelim Req sent 12 June 2006,

LBA sent 26 June 2006,

Confirmation of court action sent 24 July 2006,

Court return date 20 October 2006 - LTSB did not reply,

Court hearing date 27 October 2006 - Decree granted in my favour,

Recall of decree recieved 16 November 2006,

1 December 2006 assigned as recall of decree,

26 January 2007 assigned for full proof hearing,

16 January 2007 1st offer recieved and declined,

23 January 2007 2nd offer accepted, awaiting monies to hit bank account

All advice & opinions of o0oLiamBeeo0o are personal opinions, if in doubt seek advice from a qualified professional !!

vvv My Thread vvv

Bump - 67 views and not one response.

Hi I hope I'm in the right place for this post. I have received this response to the preliminary letter from Lloyds for a sole trader's business account.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your account.

Before going any further, I think it would be helpful if I set out my understanding of your concerns:

1. We have recently charged you because we have not been able to make all of the payments out of your account.

2. You feel that our charges are unfair, particularly for people who are experiencing financial difficulties.

3. Sometimes our charges have caused you to exceed your agreed overdraft facility. You believe that we have charged you again when this has happened.

My decision

I am not going to uphold your complaint. However, I hope by explaining my reasons you will be able to accept and understand my decision.

The reason(s) for my decision

I have reviewed your account statements and can confirm the following:

a) We charge you when your account goes overdrawn and you haven't agreed it with us beforehand.

b) It is your responsibility to make sure that your account remains within agreed facilities.

c) When you make a payment that takes your account in excess of your agreed facilities, it creates extra work for us. For instance, we have to:

o Decide whether to increase the customer's overdraft facility, return the item

unpaid or allow the customer to exceed the agreed facility,

o Contact the customer to let them know what we've done.

d) We are entitled to set charges to cover the additional work described above. These charges are not hidden and are notified in our published business tariff.

e) Whilst you may be aware that the Office of Fair Trading has recently stated that credit card default charges are unfair and has suggested that the same broad principles were likely to be relevant to default charges on bank accounts, we do not agree with the OFT's views on card default charges and have had no discussions with them at all about bank charges. However, since fees for services such as agreeing to permit customers to exceed their agreed overdraft limits are not default charges, we believe, on legal advice, that the principles put forward by the OFT do not extend to bank charges.

2. We understand that when a customer is in financial difficulties, having to pay charges can be a real worry. That's why we ask customers who are in this situation to talk to us. If we can help we will but whatever happens we will do our best to be sympathetic to their circumstances.

3. Our charges have been applied in accordance with the published business tariff. If, as a consequence, this causes you to exceed an agreed overdraft facility on a particular day you will be charged. It is your responsibility to operate your account in credit or within your agreed overdraft facility.

What happens next

This letter is the bank's final response, which means that if you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you decide to pursue your complaint through the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date of this letter. I have enclosed their leaflet that outlines how to contact them.

Yours sincerely

Richard Chant

Customer Service Recovery

Can't find it anywhere else. I find this bit slightly worrying :(quote)

o ' Decide whether to increase the customer's overdraft facility, return the item

o Contact the customer to let them know what we've done'

This seems to make a case for the charges. Does anyone know whether they

really do this or is it the usual misleading blah?

I'd be gateful for confirmation that this is a standard reply.

Bella

BELLA 47

I feel sorry for the bank staff that have to put their names on these letters! probably all really nice folk - it must be annoyng for them to send all these letters out knowing its complete rubbish!!

The Journey So Far. . . .

28/08/06 - Data Protection letter sent

03/10/06 - Satements received

03/10/06 - Preliminary letter sent

21/10/06 - Letter Before Action sent

04/11/06 - Claim registered on MCOL

14/11/06 - Claim acknowledged

29/11/06 - Claim defended

30/11/06 - AQ completed and sent

06/12/06 - Settlement letter promised by SC&M Solicitors

08/12/06 - Full settlement offered with terms - deleted these and returned

24/12/06 - Full settlement received in my account!!

Hi I hope I'm in the right place for this post. I have received this response to the preliminary letter from Lloyds for a sole trader's business account.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your account.

Before going any further, I think it would be helpful if I set out my understanding of your concerns:

1. We have recently charged you because we have not been able to make all of the payments out of your account.

2. You feel that our charges are unfair, particularly for people who are experiencing financial difficulties.

3. Sometimes our charges have caused you to exceed your agreed overdraft facility. You believe that we have charged you again when this has happened.

My decision

I am not going to uphold your complaint. However, I hope by explaining my reasons you will be able to accept and understand my decision.

The reason(s) for my decision

I have reviewed your account statements and can confirm the following:

a) We charge you when your account goes overdrawn and you haven't agreed it with us beforehand.

b) It is your responsibility to make sure that your account remains within agreed facilities.

c) When you make a payment that takes your account in excess of your agreed facilities, it creates extra work for us. For instance, we have to:

o Decide whether to increase the customer's overdraft facility, return the item

o Contact the customer to let them know what we've done.

d) We are entitled to set charges to cover the additional work described above. These charges are not hidden and are notified in our published business tariff.

e) Whilst you may be aware that the Office of Fair Trading has recently stated that credit card default charges are unfair and has suggested that the same broad principles were likely to be relevant to default charges on bank accounts, we do not agree with the OFT's views on card default charges and have had no discussions with them at all about bank charges. However, since fees for services such as agreeing to permit customers to exceed their agreed overdraft limits are not default charges, we believe, on legal advice, that the principles put forward by the OFT do not extend to bank charges.

2. We understand that when a customer is in financial difficulties, having to pay charges can be a real worry. That's why we ask customers who are in this situation to talk to us. If we can help we will but whatever happens we will do our best to be sympathetic to their circumstances.

3. Our charges have been applied in accordance with the published business tariff. If, as a consequence, this causes you to exceed an agreed overdraft facility on a particular day you will be charged. It is your responsibility to operate your account in credit or within your agreed overdraft facility.

What happens next

This letter is the bank's final response, which means that if you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you decide to pursue your complaint through the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date of this letter. I have enclosed their leaflet that outlines how to contact them.

Yours sincerely

Richard Chant

Customer Service Recovery

Can't find it anywhere else. I find this bit slightly worrying :(quote)

o ' Decide whether to increase the customer's overdraft facility, return the item

o Contact the customer to let them know what we've done'

This seems to make a case for the charges. Does anyone know whether they

really do this or is it the usual misleading blah?

I'd be gateful for confirmation that this is a standard reply.

Bella

bella,

dont be worried by this. its a standard response letter with the usual huff and puff to scare you off. At the end of the day the charges are unlawful because they are a disproportionate charges to what its cost the bank. Just keep to your time table and send you LBA.

Lloyds tend to drag it out as long as they can so you will probably end up starting your money claim.

Thanks kfdh1962, I,ve sent the LBA.I am claiming for three accounts from Lloyds, two personal and one business(sole trader).The preliminary response letters for the personal accounts were the same as those shown in Reload's first post on this thread. Oh well, I'd better put this update on my own thread

BELLA 47

I have just recieved a letter re my LBA (exactly the same as one of the templates) I had lost my nerve a little but since reading these posts I think I will continue... I am a few days past the 14 days deadline from my LBA letter, do you think this will be a problem? Also has any one recieved any money after recieving one of these letters?

I have just recieved a letter re my LBA (exactly the same as one of the templates) I had lost my nerve a little but since reading these posts I think I will continue... I am a few days past the 14 days deadline from my LBA letter, do you think this will be a problem? Also has any one recieved any money after recieving one of these letters?

Hi Kelly

Lloyds TSB don't usually settle up until you have started the Court claim. Don't worry about giving them more than 14 days after the LBA, that's no problem at all.

If you start you own thread up, you can keep a check on your progress and receive any help and support off the others.

Good luck and don't lose your nerve, you will get YOUR money back eventually!

Barty :)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 1 month later...

hi everyone

I am at the stage of filling in the spreadsheet. Can anyone tell me what the date of service is? And the procedure for us in scotland. I am claiming over 900 pounds bak from LLoyds Tsb. Would be really grateful for the help.

Miapia:-|