*A Word Of Warning *

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just had a call on my mobile from an Indian guy wanting to know what bank I am reclaiming charges from. I refused to discuss this with him, I asked him where he got my number and he said 02, now how does 02 know that I am claiming my bank charges?

This guy offered to help me get my charges back, I told thanks but no thanks as I am NOT prepared to give my details out to strangers.

Has anyone else had this call? I'm confused to where they got my number from :confused:

I don't give my mobile number out, not even the Halifax has it!:-x

I have no idea where these people are gettin numbers from, but if they do contact anyone, please just hang up.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Did he mention the words "data protection"?

I was so baffled at the call I didn't catch who he said he was, well he wasn't from Halifax that's for sure! And the only place that knows I am claiming is here!

All very odd.

DON'T call them back as it maybe a [problem] and you could get stitched up for a high call charge. If they call again, try and find out who they are, as I would like to follow this up.

Are you with o2?

That's odd that you are with o2 also.

The guy did mention o2 to me, but how the hell would my mobile company know that I am claiming charges?!

A call to o2 in the morning me thinks :D

Hiya all

Be very careful with this, it could be just 02 or a company they have given their customer details to to upgrade phones and services and in view of the charges to banks, it may even be a ploy for you to reveal your banking details to alert them to defraud you, if its a fraudulant call.

May be 02 are not even aware someone is calling as if from them, and 02 ought to be able to track down the call to your mobile, like they do if you get obscene calls etc,

So 02 may not even be involved, cannot see they would be legally and would be interested in this to investigate.

I have orange and yet no one has rung me yet,

take care its a mad world out there,

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thank you Maz.

I will call o2 tomorrow and find out what's going on.

I am still baffled how anyone, let alone o2 would know I am claiming.

His initial question was "what bank are you claiming from", I told him stupidly... if you are not the Halifax how do you know I am claiming. So I guess he got his answer from me anyway:-x

If anyone else gets these calls can you let us know. I will keep you updated.