MDRL cant find Great Universal CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi received this today

Dear X

RE: Great Universal

I write in response to your recent dispute in relation to the above account and can confirm we have been in contact with Great Universal who have advised us that there is no signed agreement on this account.

I can confirm I have placed your account on hold until 17th May. However if you are unhappy with the information provided please contact us by return (or in any event prior to the above date)

Yours sincerely

What do I do now?? why on hold??

Any advise (as always) is greatly appreciated xx

Was this in response to a CCA request, and how long was it until you got the reply?

What sort of account are they alleging you had with Great Universal? From what I understand most catalogue debts come under the CCA 1974 regulations.

What it means is that they don't have a copy of the CA agreement..and are unlikely to find one. Therefore the debt is unenforceable by law, and any attempt to enforce it is a criminal offence under the CCA 1974

It means they haven't got a clue what to do about it :) I would hang on until the 17th May and see what (if anything) they come up with. The ball is firmly in their court and it's up to them to discharge their duties under the CCA 1974 so you seem to have them tightly by their wotsits at the mo ;)