Buchanan clark+wells "invoice or credit agreement"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had 2 letters from Buchanan clark+wells. After I made a CCa request

Letter one Dated 04 April 2007

We do not hold copy credit agreements at this office as we are not the creditor.Your postal order is returned.

I have placed this account on hold and have asked my client to forward the documents to you directly.

They then say should I require further assistance to phone 08717001551.

It is signed by someone from Administration department.

Letter two Dated 05 April 2007

PURSUER:THAMES CREDIT

PRINCIPAL SUM: £1940.55

Says basically the same bar the refund of the postal order. Heres a funny thing it refers to the credit agreement as an invoice.

The second letter wasn't signed.

I have never heard of Thames credit

Is an invioce the same as a credit agreement I wouldn't have thought so.

The CCA request arrived at BCW , George Square Glasgow on 04 April 2007 so they were quick enough to get a letter out to me.

But I am still waiting for the credit agreement.

When the law is calculating working days does it class saturday as a working day. If it does then BCW are close to defaulting on the CCA request.

How do you think I should proceed.Next steps ect. Oh and how can someone take me to court for a debt if they are not the owner of that debt.

Do nothing..12 working days (not saturdays) + 2 for postage and they are in default and can't pursue the debt without a legal CA and a court order. 30 calender days from that and they commit a criminal offence by pursuing the debt in any form.:)

Saturday is not clased as a working day. You are correct in thinking that only the owner of the debt can take you to court. When they default and later commit a criminal act you may wish to inform them that the potential fine for this is £2.5K (more than your debt) and that if they do not resolve the matter to your satisfaction you will report them for prosecution (you have 6 months from the offence to do this).

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I would like to thank you all for all the good advice that you have given me. Thats why I love this site.

I hope that one day I'll be able to help someone.

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Agree with tomterm. Fot the princely sum of £1 it takes away any possible wriggling room.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.