Cheated on Ebay

nms_pnr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm came here on a work permit from India. I have been cheated by a seller on ebay. Please go through the incident below and let me know what should I do to get my money back.

I purchased an item(Item No: 330095686653 ) from the seller ukgdirect in ebay on 7th March 2007. As payment, he said me to deposit the amount(₤1549.00) to his account in HSBC bank. I made the payment for the same on 8th March as a transfer from my HSBC bank account. I even intimated the seller about it but he refused to admit that he has received the money.

Few weeks later, he said that he had given me a wrong account and gave me another account no in HSBC Bank. I contacted my bank. I told them that I made the transfer to an wrong account and want to get the money back. They informed that they can't do this as it was against the bank rules. They informed me to make no more payments as I had done my part. They also suggested that it was the sellers mistake of giving the wrong account details and now its his responsibility to get the money back and to complete the transaction. I informed this to the seller but hasn't got any response regarding this.

When I got back to the bank, they informed that there is a change in the Account holders name of the account to which I made the payment. They also said that they think this is a [problem].

Also, recently the seller has unregistered himself from eBay.

I have proofs for the claims I have made above.

I would be returning to India in a month or so and want to get my money back before I go.

Please let me the know if there is any way of getting back my money.

Hoping for a reply from you.

Regards,

Nagaraj M Shenoy.

You will need to contact the police, ebay will have little power over the case as a bank transfer is not one of their protected ways of giving over money.

It does sound like a [problem], so contact the police asap!

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Here's a tip; change your profile so as not to include your full address and postcode!!!

BATRacer: Browser-based motor racing simulation. Free to play :)

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6q0

Advice offered by abo999 is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it.

You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt

Halifax: £1299 settled in full, payment received

Hi,

I'm new to this country and am not sure of the procedure to contact the police.

Can you please let me know of the procedure for the same. The city of my residence is Birmingham.

Thanks in advance,

Nagaraj.

Just drop into your local police station, walk up to the desk and tell them you wish to report a crime.

BATRacer: Browser-based motor racing simulation. Free to play :)

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6q0

Advice offered by abo999 is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it.

You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt

Halifax: £1299 settled in full, payment received

Also whilst they won't be able to help you getting the money, report the incident to ebay, and see if they can provide an address etc.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

No further advice here but go to local police station and report the crime, with the police involved ebay will have to disclose these scumbags address, which you should be able to see via your ebay account, or on your payment notice that they would of sent you, i feel for you but it goes to show you cannot be too careful with ebay, especially depositing into a bank acct, even paypal isnt too safe but it gives you a bit more of a comeback should things go wrong, hope you get it sorted.. as for the bank surely if you paid the money into an incorrect account, if the account doesnt exist it would be sitting in a clearing bank with nowhere to go, so i would check again with bank ask to see the manager.

I contacted my bank manager regarding this. They informed me that the money has been transferred into the account but said that there is a change in the Account Holders name... I asked them whether I can get the details of the account holder so that I can contact him/her, they informed me that they can't do that as it was against the policies of the bank.

Can you please suggest me is there any way by which I can contact the account holder to whose account I've deposited the money?

you have been advised by a few users to contact the police .. this is a crime and needs reporting . the longer you leave it the less chance they have of finding the criminal . I suggest you log off and go immediatly to the police station with printed copies of everything you have regarding this .

It does not matter how many times you ask you are only going to recieve this same advice .

please come back and let us know how you get on .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.