Dabs/Acer problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll try to keep it brief!!

I bought 3 Acer 17" laptops for a client of mine via Dabs in Novermber, which were destined to be Xmas pressies for his family. Acer, 17" Sempron etc - good looking machines.

In January, one of them went faulty (although I wasn't informed until February), and then a couple of weeks later, a 2nd one went faulty.

I sent them both away (Direct to Acer) in late feb under repair, and they came back with both their motherboards replaced.

However, upon return, they came back with different faults - one had the plastics cracked on the case lid and the other had what I assumed was a loose screen cable (I was right). They were both returned again and the one with the loose connector has come back now and is fine. However, the other one still is not back - TWO MONTHS LATER.

I phone every other day, and am told various things, it's on the bench, its waiting for parts, its back on the bench etc.

So I was just wondering whether I can insist on a refund with Dabs as they have had this 2nd laptop for nearly 3 months. If they are reluctant, do I go direct to the credit card company and get a refund?

Any advice would be appreciated. Unfortunately due to the length of delay, I have had to go out and buy another laptop for my client, and so I'm out of pocket already!!!

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

did the laptops get returned through dabs? If you went direct to the manufacturer then I don't think that dabs can be held responsible for any delay.

Bit off topic but I do constantly warn people about the build quality of acer products and I think this is a prime example.

Hope it gets sorted for you though.

I contacted Dabs, and they said for me to go directly to Acer - I was just following their procedures. Not really sure what to do now.

I know what you mean re Acer. TO be fair though, I've bought numerous desktops and they have all been fine, but laptops is a different matter, although I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that is was just "one of those things" - the problem is Esplex, their designated returns centre - hopeless isn't the word!!!!

You mention that you

bought 3 Acer 17" laptops for a client of mine via Dabs

did you purchase them as a business, or on your business card, if so remember that you do not get the same protection that a consumer would!

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate

hmmm, good point storm warrior, although I'm faily certain that they were purchased on a personal credit card. I'll have to go check... Thanks

Hi...Under the sale of goods act the "contract" is with Dabs therefore it's there responsibilty to deal with Acer and not you. I would point this out to Dabs and get them to chase them up or ask for a refund. Did you need to pay for pasting the items back if so then you should get a refund from Dabs as the same act states that a consumer should not be out of pocket or words to that effect.....