Egg and default notices

baboy777
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

hope someone can help me with the following.

I had an egg credit card which I was in default with.

I paid of the full amount in Jan 07 and asked for a copy of my credit reports to find that egg had registered a default notice on my account. Although it was marked "settled " but default.

I wrote to them asking for the default to be removed and issued a notice under s.78(1) cca 1974 s.77(1) and provided them with a £1.00 cheque ( which they cashed a week ago. I still have not got any respoinse from them -

what should my next step be if they do not provide me with the information I have asked namely, a true copy of the original credit agreement and a signed and true copy of the default notice.

Is there a template letter for the next stage of their non compliance ?

Bearing in mind that this account has now been settled in full, I simply want them to remove the default.

Thanks ,......

I would write to them and say that, after checking your personal records, you now unsure of your sole liability for this debt and may have paid all or part of a former partner's/associate's debt by mistake;). Tell them that unless you receive a true copy of the original agreement proving otherwise you may take them to court for a refund. You have to give them roughly 42 days to comply before contemplating any action. Speaking from experience smEGG will reply to a CCA request quite quickly if they can.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

• 5 weeks later...

can someone please help me - I applied to egg in March for a s78 (1) and a s77 (1) and enclosed a £1.00 cheque. today I received a signed copy of my agreement,a statement of the account however, I also asked for a signed, true and certified copy of the original default notice. They state in their letter " whilst we are under no obligation to provide a copy of this default notice, We have enclosed a copy of the computer screen confirming details of it's issue " can someone tell me if this is correct, if not can I press them to provide such a default notice ?

• 5 months later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to egg Card and default