Utility Wharehouse demanding £40

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a slight fiscal problem last month and didnt pay my phone, broadband, Gas and electricty accounts. The day after they cut my phone and broadband I recieved a letter from them stating that they were going to cut my services within 7 days if I didnt pay up. Anyway, bill was paid this week and they now want to charge me £40 to re-connect my broadband. Aint having that !!! I phoned up Virgin Media who are offering some great deals now but couldnt get BB with them as there is still a tage on my line. Phoned BT , they said tag will be removed by the 4th May and I will take their phone, Tv Broadband package.

I am disgusted with UW service and am now looking to move my gas and electricity as well.

Are they legally allowed to demand a £40 re-connection fee?????

Bloody rip-off, had only one similar situation with BT and my phone and BB still ran for a month till I could pay the bill. Besides these two occurences, I have always paid my bills on time. Ruthless they are !!

:eek:

Yes, they can demand any fee that is reasonable for services you incur - however the £40 is excessive and could be argued that it is a 'fine'. It depends if you are prepared to fight them for it. If you don't do it often, they might agree to a 'goodwill' credit.

glad to see someone else dislikes UW. been with them for a year and they are without a doubt the worst energy company ive come across!!!!! :mad:

i have since found out they are a network marketing company!!!!!!!!! :mad:

tried to go back to bt but UW wont let me as i have to give 30 days notice.

i detest them with a passion!