Tesco Broadband

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, we have a few problems with our bb supplier, Tesco's. We took out their Finest bb package back in January, after 1 month the wireless box supplied by them gave up, and after numerous hours spent on the phone to their tech help, finally got them to admit the box was at fault. In the process of ringing them, we notched up an £85 phone bill just on calls to them! It took them 2 weeks to send a replacement wireless box, so thats 2 weeks that we couldn't use the service, and they refuse to give us any credit for those 2 weeks. They also offered to pay for the cost of the calls we had made, but so far no luck.

Now, yesterday morning we found our bb service to be suspended. Contacted them only to be told that we were 2 months in arrears, they had cancelled our dd without telling us, and didn't bother to make any contact prior to suspending the service. This problem has taken over a day to sort out, have been given various conflicting stories by their call centre staff, called a liar by one member of staff who promptly hung up on me when I asked to speak to his manager about his conduct.

Is there anything we can do about the 2 weeks worth of service we paid for that we couldn't use? And can we use the lba letter, but reworded, to claim for the £85 phone charges?

Hi Kreg, really sorry to hear about your broadband problems. I had similar issues with Talk Talk. Here is the email for OFCOM, lodge a formal complaint with them. OCCtelecoms@ofcom.org.uk I am certain that you will not be calling Tesco but they will be calling you once OFCOM inform them of the formal complaint. personally I would lodge a two fold complaint, one for denial of service and second for the call charges as you have been forced to call them, it isnt an 0870 number by any chance is it?

Right, we have a few problems with our bb supplier, Tesco's. We took out their Finest bb package back in January, after 1 month the wireless box supplied by them gave up, and after numerous hours spent on the phone to their tech help, finally got them to admit the box was at fault. In the process of ringing them, we notched up an £85 phone bill just on calls to them! It took them 2 weeks to send a replacement wireless box, so thats 2 weeks that we couldn't use the service, and they refuse to give us any credit for those 2 weeks. They also offered to pay for the cost of the calls we had made, but so far no luck.

Now, yesterday morning we found our bb service to be suspended. Contacted them only to be told that we were 2 months in arrears, they had cancelled our dd without telling us, and didn't bother to make any contact prior to suspending the service. This problem has taken over a day to sort out, have been given various conflicting stories by their call centre staff, called a liar by one member of staff who promptly hung up on me when I asked to speak to his manager about his conduct.

Is there anything we can do about the 2 weeks worth of service we paid for that we couldn't use? And can we use the lba letter, but reworded, to claim for the £85 phone charges?