POKERFACE V Lloyds TSB

pokerface
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, was really pleased when I came across this site as I have had quite a few fines over the last 5 years. I reckon somewhere like £800 - £1000 worth.

I do have a few reservations though – I used to work for Scottish Widows who are owned by Lloyds TSB. As such I had a staff account. This has since not been revoked, but to be honest the benefits are worthless anyway, apart from the fact they gave me a loan on staff rates which is 6.4%. It was for £11,000 and was about 2 and a half years ago now.

When I left I don’t know if SW let them know I am not a member of staff anymore or what, but nothing has happened in regards to the loan payments.

I am worried that if I pursue this line of recovering my fines that they may put my loan on normal rates which would probably be something like 12 or 14 % knowing them.

I also have bad credit so would have trouble getting anything better than 14% on the market.

I have sent the initial letter off anyway to get the total amount of fines and charges anyway, but what are your thoughts?

Will keep this thread updated on any progress.

Thanks

(identity retained for obvious reasons):cool:

Your loan will be covered by a seperate contract to your bank account, there is nothing they can do about your loan, unless there are any specific clauses regarding termination of employment.

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok - got the stuff back from Lloyds and added it all up. £542 in charges which totals £656.26 after I add the 8% interest. I am about to type up the second letter but one thing I wasn't sure about - do I include all the overdraft interests which they charge me every month? Normally around £3-£4

Or is this ok for them to do that?

Thanks!!

No you can only claim for the )/D interest that is directly a result of the charges(usually too complicated to work out at this stage!). Also remember you can't add the 8% until the claim is made at court.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok - I have had the letter saying they are sorry I am unhappy over the charges etc and referring me to the Ombudsman.

I can't find the appropriate letter to send next though. Could someone put the link here for me?

Ta!

Thanks Adamski - one thing though, at the beginning of the letter it does say that they have failed to respond to my letter, which isn't true because they did to say they wouldnt repay me? Should I change that?

Thanks again

Just change it to "failed to respond positively..."

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You'll receive an Allocation Questionnaire through from the courts soon Pokerface - it'll come with a copy of the Bank's defense. You may also receive a copy from the bank themselves.

The standard Lloyds process varies a bit from here, seemingly dependent on which solicitor Lloyds put you through and how busy they are. One may make you an offer before it is necessary to return the AQ, another may drag the process out until you actually have a court date before they make a settlement offer.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Which solicitor are defending? If it's SC&M, from what I've read it won't be worth waiting. In my own case, Martineau Johnson were a bit less poker-faced, and caved when I called them to ask if they wanted to settle.

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

No reason not to :)

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter from SC & M today, enclosing a copy of the AQ they sent to the court and requesting a copy of the one I sent to the court. They sent it right on the deadline day.

Should I have sent them a copy of my AQ originally, and should I do it now?

Do they normally take this route of action?

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi - no I didn't get a court date - the Shoreditch and Clerkenwell court took so long it was crazy, I submitted my AQ ages ago and each time i called they said they were behind and it would be looked at in a couple of weeks!

Anyway I assume they contacted S C & M as they have sent me the letter which says they intend to defend the proceedings on the basis my claim is incorrect and then lists 5 reasons why it is.

Then it says they are discussing the legal basis for these charges with the Office of Fair Trading, but as the costs of going to court would be more then the charges they are willing to settle.

5 conditions including the confidentiality agreement (oops) and I just need to sign and return it.

BIG thanks again to this site for helping me, and I will be making a contribution as soon as I get the ££££ in the bank.