Sky Advice needed please... detailed post

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Can anyone please give me some advice about a service that I have ordered from Sky and have not recieved.

On the 20th of April 2006 I phoned up and placed an order for Sky Multiroom, I was given an istallation date (as they do) and the following day I received my Sky Card and letter to confirm the transaction. So I took the day off on the 20th to wait for an engineer, no one called me and as the day progressed the engineer didnt turn up. So I rang Sky and told them what happened. They told me that they cant understand, as it said on their systems that the installation has been completed (when obviously it has not! As the card has NOT been activated). So they said they are really sorry and they would refund me and give me 2 months free subcription, and inform me that to re-order again.

So about 2 weeks later May 4 2005, again I rang and paid £49.00 for multi room, was given an istallation date.. etc. Took the day off again... and guess what?! NO BODY turned up, so seething I rang them again and asked for an explanation, I was on hold for about 40 minutes while some incompetent fool was trying to sort out the problem. NO one can give me a plausable explanation. They just told me that the work has been completed and surprise surprise they dont know why its happened. They are aware that there is a fault, but they said they will phone me ASAP when they have rang the engineers and see what has happened. I even said that "Are you sure you are going to ring me back??" their response was YES within 45 minutes! And guess what, I am still waiting. I rang again about 2 days later and again I am going round in circles. I am on hold forever and they cant tell me why it has happened!

So I have written a complaint letter addressed to the Customer Care Manager expressing my dissatisfaction and have given a time frame of when to reply. About a week. So far I have not recieved a phoncall or a letter. They still have my £49.00, to tell you the truth, I do not want a refund, I just want the service that I have ordered. I am really peed off now and I dont know what to do. Can anyone please advice me of who to contact and what to do about this situation frown.gif

Thanks a lot

user_online.gifedit.gif

Halifax Total Claim - £2,648.29

June 5th 2006 - Sent prelim letter :?

June 27 2006 - Letter received from Halifax offer of - £407.00 (accepted as a Prelim Payment) :mad:

July 1st 2006 - LBA sent :p

July 14th 2006 - Claim Filed :?

July 19th 2006 - Another offer of £1300 :-x

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping."

Iwould write again, I daresay someone on here will have a name for someone high on the food chain,

Tell them you are disgusted with the service, you want compensating for the two days you took off work and you want the 2 months free subscription as promised for their incompetence. Tell them they have 14 days to remedy the situation or you will report them to the DTI and will issue a claim in court for the monies lost plus interest.

Natalie

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Iwould write again, I daresay someone on here will have a name for someone high on the food chain,

Tell them you are disgusted with the service, you want compensating for the two days you took off work and you want the 2 months free subscription as promised for their incompetence. Tell them they have 14 days to remedy the situation or you will report them to the DTI and will issue a claim in court for the monies lost plus interest.

Natalie

Don't forget to add the cost of any phone calls plus any loss of income or other reasonable charges for your time. Tell them you will be reporting them to Trading Standards & the OFT.

Don't waste time on their, I bet premuim rate (07 or 45) phone other that to get their fax number

Thank you so much for your advice I actually thought about that so I will do that now and see what they say this time. I was actually even thinking about threatening to cancell my subscription maybe thatll give them a kick up the backside and actually do something about this problem

Halifax Total Claim - £2,648.29

June 5th 2006 - Sent prelim letter :?

June 27 2006 - Letter received from Halifax offer of - £407.00 (accepted as a Prelim Payment) :mad:

July 1st 2006 - LBA sent :p

July 14th 2006 - Claim Filed :?

July 19th 2006 - Another offer of £1300 :-x

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping."

I am a sky employee and have heard this happen to a few customers. From my experience most of them has had it sorted out by going direct to a manager in the installations department. Without seeing your details its impossible to explain on here what has actually happened. What I can do though is at work tomorrow have a look about for a manager in installations or the correct department that can get this sorted for you.

Hope this helps.

My claims

Halifax - Data Protection Act 26/5/06, non compliance of Data Protection Act 20/07/06, Prelim £260 3/8, LBA 19/8

TSB - Data Protection Act 25/6/06, total £225, Prelim 4/7, LBA 11/7, court claim filed 27/7

Capital One - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim £270 1/8 LBA sent 9/8

B.O.S CC - DPA 20/06/06, prelim 6/7 £130, LBA 21/7/06, court claim to be filed

Citi cards - Data Protection Act sent 20/06/06, prelim 26/07 £520, LBA t 14/8

Black horse finance - DPA 18/06/06, prelim 31/7 £180, LBA 7/8

Halifax joint account - Prelim 6/7 £744, LBA 22/7 court claim to be filed

My Mums claims

MBNA - DPA 13/06/06, Prelim 17/7 £738, LBA 7/8

Capital One - DPA 29/05/06, Prelim 10/8 £570

Barclaycard - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim 6/7 for £420, LBA 17/7 court claim to be filed

Littlewoods CC - DPA sent 3/7, non compliance of DPA sent 14/8