WendyB v Natwest

WendyB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well my 17 year old and his mate were planning to take a case full of Pot Noodles (YEEUURRGH!!) on the grounds that it would leave all their spends to spend on booze!........ And the wine is cheap in Corfu, and hubby makes a mean curry.....so it will all be okay....just gottta make sure we have enough dosh to pay for the apartments when we get there otherwise it'll be a tent on the beach lol..

Fendy you deserve a holiday with all the stuff you've got going on....how about spending your Natwest thousands when you get it (SOON) on a lovely blow out holiday?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Pot Noodle a food................... I always thought it was kak in a tub. Lol Lol. I dont think it has one atom of nutritional value in it........ Lol, hence why most teenagers like em.................. Lol. Bonkers.......

Im looking through the hols brochures this week, need to pick out something nice soon, cant stand all this waiting................... its beginning to get to me. Think Im just gonna go book something on the F*ck it factor.......... soz, rude word there peepies, not normally me, but this is a phrase the hubby uses. You know when you want something, and you cant really afford it, that week or month, so you stick it on the credit card or the overdraft or whatever, but you kinda feel bad about doing that, but you cant be bothered to give it any more thought, hence vicious circle of guilt goes around and around, i.e. should I buy it, shouldnt I buy it, OMG what should I do, I soooooooooooo want it, but cant really afford it right now, but if I wait another week till I can afford it, i.e. pay day, then it might be gone and I cant get another one, they might be sold out, etc. etc. etc. you know that one............ well hubby always goes, OK, DECISION MADE, IM BUYING IT ON THE F*CK IT FACTOR. Never fails to crease me.................. now perhaps you can see why were claiming 16K from Nutwest, cos were atrocious with money................... My firm belief, you cant take it with you, so spend it now and enjoy it, cos youve got equity in your house to leave the kids when you peg it, so spend the rest whilst you are here................ cos lifes way too short.................... very short. Fendy xxxxxxx

Too true, life's far too short to worry, I say go and book yourself a big F...Off holiday (a Wendy expression, its a sort of technical term..lol). You're right about pot noodles, although I think cak is a compliment for it...and probably tastes better!

just been reading your thread, and i think Crimbo is brill too, although I do love the summer when we can stay at the stables till god knows what time....hate winter, rain, mud, and dark....but love Crimbo. so much so that we got married on Christmas Eve...no, not fairytale like at all, it p**sed down, although I got to have carols instead of those boring songs that peeps usually have at the ceremony, and bridesmaids in red frocks with holly garlands and fur mufflers (they was sooooo cute).

Catch up later, hubby just arrived - heard his big f off motorbike just pull up......

Lol Lol Lol. PMSL............................ Fendy xx

Catch ya later. xx

CRIMBO WEDDINGS, FAB, DID SANTA TURN UP TO READ THE VOWS INSTEAD OF THE VICAR. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY XX and were Rudolph and Blitzen the witnesses. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for crimbo.

Well thats it for now...dinner in the oven, hubby in the bath....bliss, just me all on my own for half an hour, just gotta nip out and get some wine for later.

No, the vic wasn't dressed as Father Crimbo although he did have white hair, i would have quite liked reindeer as witnesses but had to make do with the sister in laws husband (now ex and dead)who looked more like a walrus. And as for me, well I looked like the Fairy on top of the tree, strapless 1950's dress and strappy sandals, shivering to death in the rain, all the photos in the doorway of the church cos weather was so bad! But the party after was great, cos it was Crimbo loads of peeps turned up, everyone got blasted and then we drove home in our mini couldn't see where we were going cos it was piled high with pressies (and the wipers didn't work properly...) Oh happy days........

At least hubby can't forget our anniversary.

Lol Lol, heck it would be curtains for him if he did. No excuse for that one. Lol ..I mean, what a memorable day............. sounds fantastic...............

Mine was a winter wedding too, well March 5th to be precise. We blew everything we had which wasnt much believe me,,,,,,,,, and just the two off us flew off to Paradise Island in the Bahamas and got hitched at the old monasterial cloisters which are now ruins, overlooking the sea. Was just me, hubby, taxi driver as a witness, Registrar to marry us, and we grabbed a passer by too to witness................... ultra bliss. The sun shone, we were all alone, and it was memorable and very very romantic.......................... sad how dreams always come to an end isnt it. Lol Lol xxxxx Just kidding, love im to bits really. xxx

Me too, my hubby that is not yours, although I'm sure yours is very lovely also!!

Ooh, that was sooooo romantic Fendy. And not a walrus in sight! Nearest me and bloke have got to a romantic trip away recently was when we managed to leave the kids behind and go to the tip the other Sunday morning!! lol Seriously though i think the reason we love Corfu so much is cos that was where we went on honeymoon, 6 months after the wedding cos we couldn't afford one at the time......

If natwest ever cough up, with the second lot, I might spend some on a weekend away for us...although we'd probly end up at Donnington watching the Motorbike GP if he has anything to do with it......

So come on bloody Natwest, do me a favour and put the romance back.....

Thats what I thought, but I'd rather they paid for my hoilday - marriage is always gonna be okay, but not so sure about holiday lol.....my worst dread is that the buggers send me the offer and it gets here one day after I've gone...will just have to school my mother in law on how to forge my signature......hope there's no spies reading this, just like Natwest to stick a big note in my file saying UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES POST THIS LETTER BEFORE 25TH JUNE lol

Morning All

Well have received my statements for Current Plus account today, only a fortnight after S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). In a pristine white envelope with a compliments slip. Wonders will never cease!! I think it must be down to the lovely Graham........

A quick zap through (while the boss is in a meeting with our Bank Manager, who, dare I say, is NatWest, can you believe it), shows that there's over £700 to be claimed back, so am going to get it onto a spreadsheet and post Prelim today, hopefully.

Gotta be careful here though, especially with a spy in the office at the moment lol

Hello peeps.

Wouldn't mind some advise is poss.

I have requested NatWest pay back charges going back 10 years. I sent a schedule with interest added.

They have replied stating that they will offer me "as a gesture of good will" an amount that equals charges going back exactly six years from the date of my request, without interest. This is a full and final offer. On querying this, they stated that by law they only had to go back six years.

I know of the limitations act 1980 section 32 and was wondering what i should do next. They have verbally advised that they will not consider amending the amount offered. I believe that i have to go through small claims now. Can anyone advise??

If i have to, can someone point me to an area of the forum that helps withthe claims??

Thanks

Hi Shu

Best thing to do is start your own thread, post on there and then more people will be able to see it and advise.

I'm not too up on the over 6 years thing, but others on this site are.

With regard to the interest, that depends on what interest you claimed. If it was the 8% you would only be able to claim this once you had filed at court. If its contractual then this is different.

Bank manager has finally gone. Thought about holding him hostage till we all get our monies back but decided against that - Brad Pitt he wasn't! lol.

Anyway, now I've got the office to myself have transferred charges onto spreadsheet, attached to prelim and its all ready to go recorded delivery later on...another 700+ will come in quite handy.

Am debating doing the credit cards - what does anyone else think?? Capital One and Citicard, both accounts now closed.

You won't believe what Natwest have done today, this really is a killer.!!!

Boss makes internet transfer of may wages today, as he does every month Natwest account to my natwest account, usually instantaneous....but not today! money leaves company account, does not turn up in my account. Numerous phone calls from boss confirm money gone, and bank can see where its meant to turn up, but have lost it somehere, they don't know why or wherem and they insist they can't get it and put it where is should have gone. They insist transaction from company account is irreversible so company can't get it back then pay me cash. However, they won't let me have access to it in case it never turns up!!! They can see quite clearly where it's meant to be but can't authorise me any money. And because it hasn't gone into mu account a d/d that was due has made me over limit, which I'll no doubt be chatge for....and they've told me if it hasn't tuned up by Tuesday when mortgage payment goes out, they'll bounce the mortgage (stupid really cos the mortgage is with them..)

Have been so stressed out, this has left us with zilch until after Bank Hol, I've been on the phone for hours, and am now more determined than ever to get my charges back. Can't file claim though cos got no money lol.....

Have just got home from work (second job) am now going to watch the repeat of Eastenders with a bloody big glass of wine (good job I'd already got it cos got no money to buy any more))

Back soon

any suggestions folks - the ones which involve Natwest and large machetes and blunt instruments are already on my list lol

I'd have to argue that any charges applied to your account are totally and utterly refundable IMMEDIATELY by crap west Wendy. This is their cock-up, their mistake, their inefficiency that's caused this banking error. And banking error with capital letters if you ask me. :evil:

Nothing you can do about it tonight honey - go pour the wine (personally, I'd be inclined to sup the bottle!!!:D ) - then get on to telephone banking in the morning and explain very calmly, very professionally, very coldly that you will not accept their inefficiency and disgusting treatment of you - a paying customer. Parting shot? Tell them you're complaining to the Financial Ombudsman unless the matters resolved by the end of tomorrow - regardles of whether it's a Saturday or not.

Good luck honey - go drink yer wine!!! xxxxxxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Already tried all that earlier today Hedgey, as did my boss...... I was so professional and calm you'd have been dead proud of me...and so cold that I'm surprised their Nastwesty inefficient fingers didn't get frostbite on the other end of the line!

Just hope it might turn up tomorrow when Nastywest do the overnight update at silly o'clock in the morning or whenever it is. They've already told me, in every department from the branch to online banking to telephone banking and back again, that there is absolutely nothing that can be done to get My hands on MY money which THEY have disappeared.

And have'nt even got the money to put fuel in car to get to Wembley on Monday - if we don't get there there's gonna be a murder I think lol. I've gotta laugh or I'd cry...can't even write any cheques as my new cheque book which I've been waiting for for 3 weeks hasn't turned up, am down to last cheque and need it to send off kids passports, which I should have done today but never got round to cos of all the hassle.

Am onto second glass of wine and decided not to worry, it'll either come or it won't, got food in freezer so won't starve, might just have to be nice to the inlaws......

Will let you know if there's any developments...

And isn't that Max in Eastenders a right B*****d???? Deserves everything he's got coming if you ask me....perhaps he's been trained by Nastywest????

Max in eastenders is a total w***er!!!! Deffo trained by nat west!!!

Back on the phone first thing in the morning honey - don't take no for an answer. And don't forget to threaten them with the FO!!

Don't worry - you'll get to Wembley - beg, borrow or steal............... but don't miss the experience!!! xxxxxxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Am at work tomorrow 9 till 2, where all the customers are a bunch of total t*****s most of the time, just what I need NOT. Was so peed off tonight that I almost jumped across the counter at one bloke who spoke to me like I was a piece of dirt - he's obviously also a graduate of the Nastywest school for Nasty little twerps!!! Got my own back though, barred him from ever coming in the shop again.. although as he's a gambling addict barring him will probably do him a favour lol.

Really can't be arsed with phoning Crapwest again to hear the same old same old, just gonna raid the bank of mom and dad in law cos they like us and hubby is their favourite offspring good job. You know, I've never agreed with favouritism among kids, but in this case am defo gonna make an exception! lol And whats more I really don't want to put myself through all that crap again, they've upset me (and my entire family by association) enough for one day (or the next millenium to be honest) so am not going to give them the satisfaction of another wasted phone call.

But I am not one to forgive and forget....and revenge is a dish best served cold......so I'll get the toerags one way or another. Think I'll make a poster for Wembley and drape it behind the goals saying NATWEST ARE CRAPWEST or something equally complimentary - what do you reckon???

Evening guys, quick update.

Despite what I said last night, decided to phone again this morning, only to be told that yes the money was there, but not cleared, so although a/c now showing under o/draft limit, no funds would be available till Tuesday. And just for good measure the payment of my mortgage and car loan and various other stuff thats due to go out will be bounced due to lack of cleared funds!! Only way i could get some moeny was to go to a branch - well as I was at work till 2pm and nearest branch 10 miles away and closed at 1pm, told her this was out of question. So basically she said tough luck Mrs B********.

After stewing on this for a few hours have just phoned again, collections closed, bloke in telephone banking states that transfers do not always clear immediately in case of security checks - pity we weren't advised of this when we rang up about paying in this way in the first place!

He suggests I contact Collections tomorrow as they may be able to let the d/d's go through. Or they may not, as the case may be.........

Threats of Financial Ombudsman got me absolutely nowhere, although I have insisted that this is put in the notes and I will carry it through.....

His brainwave for dealing with the fact that we have no money was a) credit card (haven't got one) or b) borrow money from someone.

You couldn't make this up could you????????? Its like a Monty Python sketch but nowhere near as funny!!

I'll get to Wembley if I have to start walking now!!!!!!

AND WELL DONE PARKY!!!!!! yeeeeeaaaaaayfor big fat juicy scrummy lovelyjubbly cheque soon to plop through the Parkvale letterbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All

got throught to someone vaguely sensible yesterday who agreed not to bounce d/ds for mortgage etc and not to charge us either ....result or what????

Apart from that, been to Wembley today and lost miserably...had to go and console ourselves with a curry and lots of alcohol (good job son has a current chequebook lol)

And Fendy...the attendance was 74,993....is this close to your thread or what??? I have to say there were some empty seats though.....

Gonnna ring tomorrow see what they have to say bout LBA plus 3 days....

I don't think so either, to be truthful, would be nice if it was but I can't see it myself, no way is it gonna be a cheque, best I could hope for is an offer letter but I think too soon, it's probably something boring about my recent change of car insurance, or something equally non- profit making. lol

Will post tomorrow and let you all know if its anything useful or profitable.