COULD YOU PLEASE HELP with HSBC?

alexskord
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,

I am new to this site and I just i found it last week.

I was a student and I graduated in 2004! While I was a student I had a student account in HsBC since 2002 with an overdraft limit of 1250 pounds.They charged me loads of times because I was going over the overdraft limit.In 2005 I changed bank and I went to Natwest for a new account without overdraft limit at all without paying off the 1250 pounds for the overdraft.In 2006 they send me a letter saying that they would accept 900 pounds for the full settlement of the account although i was 1250 overdrawn. the thing is that i called them and I offered them to pay 600 pounds at first and then 300 pounds after two months but they didn t accept.from then on I didn t contact them but now again some solicitors send a letter which is saying that I have to pay the full amount of money otherwise we will send bailiffs to my home address in Greece because they do not know my new address.

The thing is that now I have a full time job and I want to pay off the account but is there anything i can do in order to get back all of these charges and also to take out my name from the credit agencies?

Thanks for your help in advance and sorry about being newbie to the site.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the majority of query can be answered by reading the FAQ or other peoples threads.

Your situation is not much different to many of us on here.

I doubt they would send bailiffs to your home in Greece - if that helps you at all!!! (though i bet the bailiffs would love to go!!).

There are no short cuts to your problem only tried and tested solutions.

First of all you need to find out exactly how much in charges HSBC owe you.

Either check online via internet banking then complete the following spreadsheet and send them the following letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

and

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

If you cant access your statements online then you need to send them this letter with a cheque for £10

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Above all try to find your own answers - irts more empowering to do it this way!!

:-x Kennsignton Mortage Company

:-x GE Captial

:-x Welcome Car Finance

Only problem with doing an SAR is telling them your current address in the UK if they pass this on to DG they could proceed with recovery of the overdraft debt.

As for claiming back your charges there is no problem claiming the money while still owing HSBC, hopefully your charges will cancel out the overdraft so it will get rid of a problem for both you and HSBC.

pete

They can ask, as I understand it, but my arguement is that they can't have what you haven't got and at the end of the day you need a certain amount to live on which is pretty much inalienable. That's the stance I take anyway and it's always worked.

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

I finally made the decision to go for it. one question though. I have just been to the hsbc bank after 8 months and they told me that they passed all my debts to metropolitan collection agency. The letters I am receiving though are from dg solicitors. What is happening?where should i send S.A.R?

And also they send the letters back to Greece. How should I tell them that I have changed address and I live in UK? Should I send them a copy of tendancy Agreement.Any suggestions??

And finally a silly question.Should I enclose a £10 note in the letter or should I put in a check??

Alex never send cash in the post, send a cheque the chances are the wont cash is the will return it and advise to that the will forward a copy on you statements in the post in the next few weeks

Oyster

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

:-)

Defended 26th March 07:rolleyes:

PRT @ Cambridge 13th July 07:wink:

1st May Full Offer:grin:

Cheque arrived 16th May8)

Something the Big Cheese doesn't know about!

Div, What is your problem? Why dont you crawl back from where you came from and leave the comments on this site to people who are obviously here to help!

Jealousy is a terrible trait!

one more question please. in the paragraph which is saying ""However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.""" how should I write that I have changedd my address??#

I wrote in the letter the following. Can you please tell me your opinions and suggestions. Should i send it like that??

""However, please note that the above address is NOT the one which you normally used to communicate my private business to me. My new address is Flat 8, 9 ...... Street, ....., Liverpool, Merseyside, U.K. I am also enclosing copies of my new tenancy agreement, my passport and two recent bills in my name in order for you to identify me. I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

How about

""However, please note my new address is Flat 8, 9 ...... Street, ....., Liverpool, Merseyside, U.K. I am also enclosing copies of my new tenancy agreement, my passport and two recent bills in my name in order for you to identify me. I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

The address at the top of your letter will be your new address you just need to send your identification to prove its you.

The reclaim the right moto is totaly up to you, but it cant do any harm to tell them you are part of this site and know what you are doing

pete