MBNA/A&L credit card

pennypenny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wasn't too confident using spreadsheet 13 and it did seem a higher amount but I think it's best to use one where I know what I am doing, and the compound contractual interest spreadsheets look really confusing so I think I'll stick with the one I've got.My claim is £1126 and with contractual interest it's nearly £2000 so that's much more than I was expecting anyway, and it's more than the balance on my card:grin: :grin: .

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent mine recorded delivery and counted 40 days from when they received it, also I gave them till day 46 then sent non compliance letter but I still didn't receive my statements till day 71. Did you put in any I.D. in cos that's what slowed mine down, they waited till after 40 days then wrote asking for I.D.

At the time I sent it I didn't think I needed any ID as they have never been slow in contacting me if I was late in paying. :rolleyes: Should have guessed that they would be like this.

They just use the I.D. excuse as a delaying tactic. I've lived at the same address for 15 years and they have never had a problem with my I.D. before, when sending letters and statements or ringing me to ask for money so I don't know why they need it now.

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me? I have two creidt cards with MBNA, one was an MBNA card and one an A&L (which is now MBNA). I have sent all letters and they have made me a small offer on both cards, but I am now at the MCOL stage. Do I need to file to CCC or can i lump them together as one?

Any help more than welcome.

HI PENNY,

I too sent an S.A.R.to MBNA and didnt recieve a reply within 40 days so sent a non compliance letter off to them and received a letter saying they would deal with my complaint by a certain date which they didnt?

I was just in the process of taking court action when a letter arrived on my doorstep with a cheque for £342 in it??

I was in the process again of sending another letter saying that i would accept this as part payment when a letter arrived stuffed full of white sheets of paper with various transactions on them and a letter saying they have credited both my accounts! one with £350 and other with £300?

I assumed these sheets of paper(4 years only)were copies of my statements?? but after reading your post im not so sure now??

I have worked out my charges from these sheets and added interest at 8% but not sure about that now after reading that you added 24%??

Confusing isnt it??

regards-BIG AL

Can any one help, I have just received my statement of charges for my A&L (MBNA) credit card and now wish to send of my letter for repayment of charges. I have the MBNA chester address but was wondering if anyone has the details of the actual department to send it to to avoid it being passed from pillar to post and this used as delaying tactic by MBNA

Cheers

Chrissie

I just used the chester address for all my letters, I don't think it matters really they will still delay things I think.

Well my LBA is due tomorrow, I have typed it all out ready to send first thing tomorrow. I think I will wait a few days after sending it and try giving them a ring to see if they will settle before MCOL stage. Does anybody know of any good contacts or phone numbers of anyone at MBNA? I've heard someone mention Emma Mole but I don't have a number for her.

Try using Colin Pugh, Customer Advocate Office, on 01244 672628. That's who my hubby rang when the timescale for LBA was up, took another week or so but he got result without court proceedings. Hope this helps.

glav:)

I have just rang MBNA to give them a chance to settle before I file my court claim next week and they said I will hear from them by the 20th June which is exactly when my 14 days for LBA is up. So if I dont hear from them by then I will ring them giving them one more chance to settle then I shall be filing my claim. Ohh I do hope they ring back. I wont hold my breath though.

Have you thought of CCA'ing them by sending a request together with £1.00 postal order for a copy of the true executed agreement? It appears likely from seeing numerous threads on here that MBNA have a problem providing this information.

If they haven't supplied it within 12 days they go into default and then after a further 30 days they commit an offence. While in default they are not allowed tocharge interest/ demand payment etc.

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

No I havent CCA'd them, I was thinking about it but if and when I get my money back off them it will clear the balance off my card with some left over so I thought I would see how this goes first.

That was Quick, after speaking to them on the phone yesterday I have received a letter this morning offering a further £400 to be credited to my account, so along with the other £300 they credited earlier they are still way short. I am claiming nearly £2000 with the interest added on.

Do I just send another rejection letter saying I will accept as partial settlement but still want the rest? I am due to start MCOL next week so Ill send a letter today and see what happens. Maybe I will ring them again next week and see if they will up their offer.

Well, I am due to do MCOL. I have already added contractual interest to my claim so does that mean I can't add the 8% on that is added at the court stage? This is my first claim with contractual interest that I have done and I want to get it right. Also they have already credited my card with £300 and offered to credit a further £400 but I said I would accept as partial settlement and they havent took it off yet so I will have to minus the £300 on my court claim.

Just as I thought, have just rang them and they said my rejection letter has not been logged onto their system yet (I sent it last week so that sounds like an excuse to me) and they will get back to me with an offer then. Well thats up to them but I'm filing my claim anyway so its only costing them more money.

Does any one know whether I can add the 8% or not? I dont think I can and I'm not bothered about adding it but I want to get it right.:confused:

Thanks Dizzy Delilah, I thought so, I'm just filling out MCOL so I'll carry on without the 8%. I'll probably finish it off tomorrow, maybe I'll receive something in the post off MBNA but I doubt it!!!!