Monument Credit Card!!

juicy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Has anyone challenged Monument.

I have a credit card with them and have been charged 48.00 in charges. I have sent a prelim off and got a response back from them saying they would look into the matter and reply no later than 14th June, but the deadline is 2 weeks from when I sent the letter which is 29th May!!

Just wondered if anyone else has had any dealings with them??

Juicy

If you type 'Monument' in the search box you will find plenty of threads.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Ok thanks.

I am sending an LBA to Monument tomorrow and have amended some parts,

Please let me know what you think:

Thank You for your letter dated 17th May 2006 stating that you were looking into my concerns and would contact me no later than 14th June 2006. Unfortunately as my previous letter stated you had 14 days to reply (the deadline being 29th May, 2006) and I haven’t heard from you.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £xxxxx in late payment and over limit charges. I require repayment in full of this money and if you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 plus my costs and without further notice.

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

Yours faithfully,

Recorded Delivery letter sent to MONUMENT 14.2.06 asking why they have charged £308.90 for overlimit fees when the card hasn't been used for 3 years and regular minimum payments have been made. NO reply. Sent initial DPA letter 9 April (Recorded Delivery) asking for statements. Like you I received a letter "I am looking into your concerns... Will contact you no later than 12th June". Have telephoned the No: given in letter but only reach the answering machine. I'm keeping a log of every time I call and leave a message, date, time etc. Interestingly if you call the telphone no: on your statement you can get through to customer services but they cannot transfer you to Customer Relations who incidently appear to be in the same building, despite the two different addresses. I spoke to a Maria the other day in Northampton, complaining that I couldn't get through to the Crawley telephone No: (ie. answering machine). She said "oh, thats not on, I'll go and see if Jackie is at her desk and ask her to call you". Another ploy no doubt to frustrate the hell out of us. I look forward to 12th June, by which time I should have received their reply. Will keep you posted on any developments. Good luck.

• 1 year later...
Recorded Delivery letter sent to MONUMENT 14.2.06 asking why they have charged £308.90 for overlimit fees when the card hasn't been used for 3 years and regular minimum payments have been made. NO reply. Sent initial Data Protection Act letter 9 April (Recorded Delivery) asking for statements. Like you I received a letter "I am looking into your concerns... Will contact you no later than 12th June". Have telephoned the No: given in letter but only reach the answering machine. I'm keeping a log of every time I call and leave a message, date, time etc. Interestingly if you call the telphone no: on your statement you can get through to customer services but they cannot transfer you to Customer Relations who incidently appear to be in the same building, despite the two different addresses. I spoke to a Maria the other day in Northampton, complaining that I couldn't get through to the Crawley telephone No: (ie. answering machine). She said "oh, thats not on, I'll go and see if Jackie is at her desk and ask her to call you". Another ploy no doubt to frustrate the hell out of us. I look forward to 12th June, by which time I should have received their reply. Will keep you posted on any developments. Good luck.

any updates on monument?

• 2 weeks later...
Well that gives me some hope ... i am at this stage still awaiting my statements .... applied back in October!

Hi,

I would be interested to hear of anyone else's experiences with monument please ... I have yet to make contact with them ... PLEASE OFFER YOUR ADVICE OUT THERE:confused:

• 3 weeks later...