Action against bank closure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many of us have had the standard account closure letter from the A&L - saying as we could not accept their t&C's the account will be withdrawn - Having looked into the link here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8541 I am considering an injunction against the account closure as it might create a legal precedence or force the OFT’s hand. I have written to the OFT about the A&L’s reasons for closing the account. I am also concerned about my credit ratings. I am looking into the court forms needed to start it rolling. Any help along the way would be great.

How has your account conduct been over, say the last 12 months? How is it now - are you within your T&Cs i.e overdrafts, making payments etc?

Have you written in response to AL's letter protesting against the closure and requesting further explanation?

what is the status of your claim against AL. Did you win? what was the amount? was it contested? Is it still in the pipeline?

You need to post some more info here for us to be able to help and advise more accuratelyas the outcome of this sort of litigation will to some extent depend upon your personal circumstances.. If you post some more I am sure I and others will be able to comment in more depth - and certainly expect some contribution from BF and more knowledgable bods on the legalities involve. Obviously we will need some time to consider wording for the N1 particulars of claim, and to consider possible defences that AL may offer.

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Work is taking me away so I can't do much but the Daily Mail came round this morning to do a feature on Alliance and Leicester sacking charge claimants - so that might do more for the cause than litigation at this stage – I had to look forlorn and indignant with a fist full of statements, so see what happens.

There is a good case to be made that you are having your account terminated as you are enfocing your legal rights and the bank are breeching the contract be not allowing to keep an account when you refuse to pay there unlawful charges.

The best way forward would be a complaint to the banking ombudsman who can award compensation. I'd be happy to help with this.

• Confused 1

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Reputation Points Always Welcome

Great to see you moving forward with this, many others could and should follow your lead. In regards to your credit rating, it should have no adverse affect. The general format of an account just comes up as "settled", however the account was closed. Trust me, I know :-|

Having opened and closed my account within 7 months due to the atrocious regime at A&L, I personally would not class it as a great loss to have my account closed!

Obviously I realise it is the principle of the matter, so if you can exact some revenge on them, then good luck to you. Perhaps they might think twice about treating their customers so badly in the future.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Work is taking me away so I can't do much but the Daily Mail came round this morning to do a feature on Alliance and Leicester sacking charge claimants - so that might do more for the cause than litigation at this stage – I had to look forlorn and indignant with a fist full of statements, so see what happens.

That is printed in the Mail today