Carpboy v Barclays.

carpboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,Carpboy here.

iVe some important quistions to clarify before i start asking Barclays bank for my refunds.

Ive been living off my permanant overdraught for approx 2 years now .My limit is £1,500.Fairley often i go over this for which i get stung by Barclays.Can i claim back my charges even though im on a pemanant overdraught?

If iwas succesful in getting the charges back im looking at paying the settlement back into my overdraught to clear it ..permantely.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome

Yes, you can do this even with an overdraft.

Click here FAQ's and here Step by Step to find out how to proceed and visit here Barclays Forum and begin a new thread.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

I reckon you guys are brill with all this help on here.Power to the people i say!!

Anyway im in the last stages of putting my Data protection act letter together ready to give to my local branch of Barclays.

In your experience ,what is the response likely to be?

Thanks in advance .

They'll forward it on to the relevant department dealing with DPA SARs.

Then you should (within the 40 days) receive you charging history.

Then put together your prelimary letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Wait 14 days

Send your LBA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Wait 14 days

Then start litigation

(PS. Expect a 50% offer from Barclays around your LBA deadline date.)

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Hi Carpboy,

Start your own thread in the Barclays Forum, keeps people up to speed on how your claims going. Sometimes people come on and tell you they have won their case against the bank but they havent started a thread, so people don't know how their claim went.

Best wishes .

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

When you send off your letters,be it the 1st one (DPA)asking for list of charges or the 2nd letter asking for the money,do you send the letter/s to the Manager of your branch that you bank with ,or do you have to send it to their head office etc.?

You can either deliver the letters to your local branch (staff their will ensure they are forwarded to the relevant department) or send via post to their head office.

Which bank are you claiming from?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Im claiming from Barclays.I havent done my ist letter ,im still in the "learning/research" program so i can get my head round eveything ,and anticipate the response.Ive done my template for the 1st letter to ask for the list of charges.Im ready to send it to Barclays in the next day or 2.

Guest louis wu

Hi,

it will make no difference at all.

The only things that matter are -

1. You have recieved 'penalty' charges

2. You want to claim them back

3 Read everything on this site, especially the FAQ's, then when you have a good understanding of the process begin your claim.

4. The bigest mistake in making your claim is to just try to learn as you go. All the learning has been done for you, now all you need is the knowledge, and support, which you will get here.

I recommend you spend a few weeks looking around, especially in the Barclays thread, and then start the process. Follow the set proceedure and you will be ok.

Best of luck

After you have received your statements,added up the charges and sent in a request for a refund,do the banks keep a copy of your statements as im curious to know as to how the banks can check that you havent just thought of a figure out of thin air to have a go.I mean can the banks cross check your figures?

Yes - they will have them in some form or another - statement, microfiche, deep dark dungeon ;) .

Don't worry about them - as long as you have your facts correct - you will be fine.

Best of Luck - Jackie

Abbey: Settled - now for no. 2

Dudley Building Society : claim dismissed - no costs

London Scottish: settled in full :oops:

Capital One - settled in full :p

"Energy and persistence conquer all things" Benjamin Franklin

Any advice, information and thoughts given by me are just my humble opinion

Guest ian cognito

Yes they do check, they pulled me up on 1 charge I had included that had previously been refunded, I assume they can just filter out the charges but they won't make it that easy for you!!!

once i have received my statements showing all the charges ,will it say/show "overdraught interest"

id like to know how to distinguish " normal " overdraught fees and overdraught interest.

iS IT A CASE OF JUST ADDING THIS UP OR IS THERE A SPERCIAL FORMULA ETC.

Hi

Don't worry - it's a common question. The short way of answering is that any overdraft interest that was caused by charges should be reclaimed. This may be quite difficult to distinguish, but some of the spreadsheets on the site will help you with this.

Overdraft interest caused by 'spending' is not reclaimable.

Both of these differ to overdraft charges or over-limit fees etc which of course are reclaimable.

I hope that helps a little....

Best of luck with your claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent to Barclays my first letter(DPA.)ASKING FOR LIST OF CHARGES ETC,I ENCLOSED MY CHEQUE FOR £10.00.I also telephoned to confirm receipt of letter ,which they had received,now after 2 weeks i have heard nothinfg whatso ever.Is this the norm for Barclays.?