Pixie V's Halifax - Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK Im very new to this, Im trying to take everything in and do things properley but now Im stuck and would really appreciate some help.

Ive sent one of the letters to the halifax requesting my charges back etc and Ive had a standard reply saying after concideration - computer says no.

So I thought the best thing to do next was to get my 6 yrs worth of statements however this is where my problem is.

Ive recently had to start a debt management plan and my overdraft with the halifax is part of that. So i cant pay any additional money in as i have to treat all my creditors the same and also I cant afford to get my overdraft under the limit anyway. Ive called the Halifax, they know about my DMP but they say the only way I can pay for statements is via my account :(

Once my dmp payments have brought my account under its limit i still cant use this money, my dmp will be cancelled and i cant chance that.

So I dont know what to do next :? Is there anyother way I can pay for these desipte what the operator told me this morning? Is there a different letter I can send saying that I have to be given the option to pay as I please.

Any help would be fantastic

Many thanks

Pixie

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. You say that you can't pay any additional money in - but what and for what?

However, if you want to get your statements then go to the library, get the DPA request template and send it off to them. They may charge you £10.

When you get your statements and you have calculated what you are owed then come back here.

My problem is they will only accpet payment for my statements via my bank account but i cant give them the money that way due to my dmp. I cant add anything else onto my debt and I cant pay money in apart from my dmp payments which again cant be touched.

Has anyone paid for their statements in a different way? I dont see why I cant send a postal order but they wont allow that it has to come from my bank account.

Thanks

Pixie

Im also new here and joined today. IF I get all my bank charges back I will be able to pay of my mortgage. THIS IS TRUE

However, what the Halifax are saying seems to be a web to confuse you. How would you pay them if the account had been closed and A CCJ obtained against it? You couldnt. I PERSONALLY would write again asking them for the records under the DPA and enclose a cheque for £10 (This is I believe the maximum they can charge you) and inform them of the 40 day rule

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Guest Alison82

Hi pixie1

They know exactly what they are doing don't they? If you bring your account under the limit your dmp will be voided and if to don't pay the £10 you can't recieve your info! They are trying to use you dmp against you.

Send them a £10 note by recoreded delivery. I did that with my 3 claims and they accepted it, but reading around I don't think you have to pay the fee via your account but check with Bankfodder and Dave.

Guest Alison82

You should send a reminder dpa request letter, like what you sent before, make an adjustment to the amount of days left and mention the fee enclosed, and put the money in with that.

Hope that helps

Have they written to you saying that they will only accept payment for your DPA request via your bank account? If you I would do as others have recommended and send cash. I would then write a letter of complaint to the Information Commisioner, enclosing the Halifax letter, and asking him to investigate this attempt to squirm their way out of complicance with the DPA.

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks