'Kinda' win over Welcome (well, nearly!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have had a right result with Welcome tonight after battling with them since Jan 07. Prior to this i had been (in their words an 'A-Class Customer') up to the point where i missed a payment in jan and then a 2nd in Feb.

Anyway, to get to the point, i've been following 'itsme..'s case with great interest as my a/c was due to finish in June so was in a similar position to 'Itsme..'. So, following her ('strong') lead i wrote and requested to cancel my Medicare and PPI.

Today when i rang to check if they'd done it (they hadn't confirmed in writing as i'd requested) i was told my a/c had been passed to Collections (i've struggled to pay this year) and gave me a number to call (after a few 'words' of wisdom' from yours truly :roll: ).

The up-shot of this is, they have written and offerd to 'half-settle' my a/c and as i was about to pay £60 short of half the amount left it looks as if they are gonna write off this paltry amount :eek: .

I am just waiting for a call tomorrow from Kelly in Nottingham (who was a star, it must be said and who just patiently listened while i banged on & on about how crap they are at the Boston Branch!) but i'm confident it will be all gone by this time tomorrow....

...and then i'm into the ba$t@rd$ for all my charges and PPI :D

I just thought it may be useful to anyone nearing the end of their agreement as you may get the option to half-settle too which at least means you, like me could be c. £140 better off each month and puts m/you/us in a better position to pursue them for all the 'nasty' bits

HTH

K x