Do Nationwide close bank accounts?

Yyates
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They definitely do, they have closed mine! They refunded me £700 and then sent me a letter saying that they had withdrawn my overdraft and my account was being shut in 30 days. The overdraft facility was shut without my knowing so there I was merrily spending and the evil letter they sent me says that I am liable for more charges, which of course there will be as they stopped the o/d without my knowledge! So they are deliberately costing me money.

Today, I sent a recorded letter to the Chief Exec pointing this out with copies of their most unhelpful correspondence. I have also copied the "Watchdog" programme, anything might help.

Today I have frantically been opening new bank accounts and borrowing money to pay up the overdraft. I am furious with Nationwide. Interestingly they said they were shutting my bank accounts, but they are kindly going to leave my savings account open, what a surprise! As if after this treatment I would save any money with them

• Confused 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks