Yid v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done on getting the letter all sent out and everything, you seemed to have less trouble than me! I've been asking for help with nearly every step (and got loads of fantastic help!) and I've finally got to the court stage of my claim.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they just give you your money back after your first letter, but if they don't good luck with the rest of your claim!

Well after a very quick investigation of my "complaint" they are satisfied the charges are justified.

I sent the prelim letter on monday got a reply today thursday they must have looked at it really hard, as its not a complaint it's a request do you think they're trying to put me off?

The question I have is do I put the lba in now or still wait 14 days.

Yes it's a fob off letter, so ignore.

I personally would wait until the 14 days are up then send the LBA.

Have a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

(3)

One of the following will now happen:

A) The bank or Credit Card company will ignore your request and you will not receive a reply. If this is the case, allow for the 14 day deadline and proceed to the next stage of the claim.

B) You will receive a fairly standard letter saying "sorry you are not happy, we'll get back to you sometime in the next decade..." Again, if this is the case, allow for the 14 day deadline and proceed to the next stage of the claim.

• 2 weeks later...

confused0068.gif It's the *waiting* that does all our heads in! confused0068.gif

Some more than others!!!!

confused0085.gifDusaryconfused0085.gif

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

And if we don't ..... then character0047.gif SSL character0047.gifwill be along - if she's not blushing too much!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Oi!!!!!!!

Now who is stalking who....;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

no stalking on my thread please I've got enough stress as it is

The "stalking" works!

It's only harmless fun!

She'll *POUNCE* on us you know!

Further developments I have recieved a letter from the Halifax today offering me £1,152.50 roughtly 1/2 what they owe me needless to say I'm not going to accept this as full and final and will be phoning them to let them know I am going to proceed.

I also checked my account and the moneys there already so fingers crossed for the full amount.

Dis you get as far as filing your N!, if so have Halifax offered the full amount, including court fees, and interest?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

No didn't get as far as filing the n1 they paid £1,156.50 into my account and sent me a letter with the usual full and final offer etc I phoned said this was unacceptable they phoned me back an hour later asking what I would accept I told them no less than the full amount and they agreed straight away job done.