CrispDust v Ikano (Ikea)

CrispDust
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hi there

ive just recieved a 2nd settlement letter from Ikano

... i would remind you that you failed to make payments in accordance with with the terms and conditions of this agreement and we took steeps to to recover monies from you for which we bore additional costs.

...having reviewed your case individually we have offeredto reduce your fees by 50% which goes far beyond this . in context of the recent OFT statement we are confident our charges are legal and in accordance with our terms and conditions.

Accordingly our offer of £210 still stands and will not be increased.

Should i write back asking them for a list of their "reasonable" fees for the letters and phone calls i have received, asking them to prove the £210 amount? or just proceed to the courts? I have also been charged since i sent the original letter should i add this amount on or go through all this again seperatly?

any feedback would be great

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting and slightly weird development.

I sent a letter to Ikano's "legal counsel" requesting their consent to an amendment to the claim amount (a reduction after Ikano eventually sent all the required data), in order to avoid filing an N244 and extra costs with court.

I have today received 2 letters, both in the same envelope, same date and rom same person.

1st letter agrees to the amendment and gives consent to write to court and request the cahange in claim amount.

The second letter makes an offer in full and final settlement of the correct and total amount claimed including court costs, similar to their previous (but much lower) offers.

So I guess this is a case won?

Letter of acceptance off in post.

Watch this space for final result. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ikano claim to have sent a cheque out on 27th Nov. Well i didn't get it so get your act together Ikano.

As they will now be aware the case has been transferred to Mercantile at leeds CC. Maybe that will galvanise them into action.

Congrats! Glad it arrived at last.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks