Motley Fool

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's great - much more accurate than most website articles I've seen on this.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Spotted it and posted my opinion on another thread. Still don't know how to link so sorry for repeating myself.

I just Googled bank charges to see how the site is doing there now. No sign of it, but Motley Fool was about second down so I clicked on there. There was an article by this guy who was passing on his "experiences". He did have several links to CAG which was good, and freely admitted to "adapting" some of the templates here.

All good you may think.

I was not impressed.

1. His DPA letter (drafted himself) made no mention of paying the £10 fee, and did not ask for information on manual interventions.

2. 18 days after his first article he writes another and apparently he has had so many emails in response to the first that he hasn't had time to buy a stamp for his adapted letter to the bank yet.

I am sure there were other things wrong too but I am no expert.

Luckily he has had time to solve the tricky issue of calculating interest on claims so we can all rest easy in our beds now.

I hope that CAG doesn't get its reputation tarnished by this kind of jumping on the band wagon.

Apparently his mum is a lawyer so he gets all his legal advice from her. Bless him.:evil:

Motley Fool - hmm - let me think for a moment! Or am I alone in this opinion?:confused:

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Unfortunately his link does not help us very much. It is linked to the Forum page and not to the homepage: www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Any link that doesn't go simply to that page is not helping us and one of the reason's why we have such poor Google rankings is because most links go to the forum. Anyone got time to contact them and ask them to change the link?

Anyone got time to contact them and ask them to change the link?
Done...

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It now points at the survey!

Nowt wrong with that!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Just had confirmation from Neil at Motley Fool - all future links will point straight to www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I found this site directly from the original Motley Fool article. Although is was a deep link, it didn't take much imagination to select the domain...

Best of all - I was sent the MF article by my accountant!

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

• 4 weeks later...

I got totally confused to start with, I took Neils advice and sent his letter, the banks seem to be quite aware of what is going on as Cahoot just sent me statements saying that as I was going to ask for my charges back this was the only information i NEEDED. Should I go back to them now and ask for everything, I have done this once already by the way, o0r is it safe for me to know notify them of the charges I want back and give them the 14 days deadline.

If it had not been for Motley Fool I would never have found your site, so he did serve one good purpose.

I think you are safe to move on to the preliminary request for repayment of bank charges. Keep us posted. Have you got your own thread on the Cahoot forum by the way?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

[

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks