Taking Advantage of Dependable, Busy People

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a thought, many of the people who visit this site, like me, are busy people with work lives that often mean we aren't able to sit on the account information the bank would like us to. .These reasons could be due to working abroad, extensive travel, busy family lives.

They take advantage of this situation with swift action on overdrawn accounts. These people are often well paid, with guaranteed regular monthly amounts hitting their current accounts. The banks, if they took the time to analyse money payment patterns, would realise that if an account goes overdrawn, what would be the likely hood of money hitting the account within a few days to cover the deficit? Chances are strong, with the very people I mention above, yet they attack with a swiftness that often means that you first hear about the overdrawn position when you receive the letter from the bank. They give no cooling time to allow the individual to rebalance the account.

I rather suspect they treat every account like binary - 0 or 1, in credit and out, and disregard the loyal customers, and the regular contributors, in pursuit of profiting from all. If they keep this up, they will lose the loyalty, and the money. Did you realise that for every pound you put into the banks control, they can lend out 5 times as much against it?

It is for this reason that we should all pursue these companies with vigour, and show that our loyalty should not be taken for granted.

The more I read on this forum, the more angry I get about the arrogance of the Halifax to all the "regular" depositors ie monthly and weekly paid through their bank. They are taking advantage of our busy lives, and it has to stop!!

Is it a ploy to have us all dependant on internet banking? Not me!!

i refuse to use internet banking (or phone banking). i do everything in person at the branch. i've noticed though over the last ten years how people at the branch can do less and less, the blame of course goes to "security" and "privacy" where people tehre cannot even view all the details of their customers with their customer with them. it seems like banks wnat to try and shut branches completely.

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks