New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

lateralus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just thought i'd mention it -

we are seeing a lot of "late" offers from hsbc now.

they never sent them this late before.

it is an obvious ploy to get people to settle for the money on the table rather than to carry through with the "post defence" happenings (court dates, bundles, etc.)

the offer comes from hsbc - not dg solicitors and can be a full offer of what you asked for originally but does not include any interest or court fees.

i'm thinking this is a tactic to weed out the faint hearted - and as such - unless you really, truly haven't the stomach to take them to the edge (or have personal circumstances which mean you need out) then refuse it.

jowalshy used this nice letter for her response.......

Response to settlement offer

Thank you for your letter dated xx.xx 2007 offering £xxxxxx.xx in full and final settlement of my request of the bank charges you levied from our account during the last six years. We are prepared to temporarily accept the sum offered as partial settlement on the clear understanding that the remainder of £xxxx.xx is to be paid within the next 10 days. This amount is made up of £xxxx.xx being charges levied from our account as detailed in my letter before action datedxx.xx 2007, £xxx.xx being the interest claimed under section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 at 8%, and £xxx.xx being the amount paid by ourselves for the claim made against you via Money Claim Online on xx.xx.2007. We have enclosed a copy of our letter before action together with a schedule of the charges and interest claimed.

Please note we are claiming £0.xx per day in interest at 8% until this matter is settled.

i think this is the way forward for anyone who receives this very late desperation offer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I hope I don't have to wait so long for an offer letter to drop through. However I have looked and looked and cannot find a 'nudge' letter to fit the current stage of my claim. I want to send a letter to request settlement outside of court for two reasons;

(a) I want this over and done with... :roll:

(b) Part of the directions from the judge is that he/she would require to see 'sensible negotiation or mediation' and will take into account the failure of either party to follow such a course when dealing with the question of costs.

My thread is here, please read and let me know on that thread what letter is recommended.

Thanks so much peeps. :-)

Obtained Judgement

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quote:

Confucius say, Man who walk through airport door sideways going to Bangkok.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

......................... ......................... ....

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.