MacBoy Vs. Halifax and Hello To the Group!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks ripped off

I think my answer to your question would be - 'yes, I'd like to claim for the lot, provided it's not going to involve a prohibitive amount of hassle' (I'm prepared for some of course).

But I guess what I was trying to establish, was whether or not it was advisable (or current practice) to make the claim in two stages (6 years first) then go after them for the rest later?

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two claims, I am fairly certain that you could include with your first claim a request for the court to order that they fully comply with your SAR. I think I will be doing that with one of mine.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

If that's the case, should I make it clear in my Prelim letter that this is not everything and I will be going for the rest?

If so, any suggestions as to wording?

Would I need to file a Data Protection Act non-compliance letter in addition? I did ask in my original SAR for the 'a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation', making no mention of 6 years.

Thanks

Mac

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

If that's the case, should I make it clear in my Prelim letter that this is not everything and I will be going for the rest?

Nooo

If so, any suggestions as to wording?

Would I need to file a Data Protection Act non-compliance letter in addition? I did ask in my original S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for the 'a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation', making no mention of 6 years.

Complaint to IC

Data Protection Complaints – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)

Thanks

Mac

No need to warn them in your prelim. The IC complaint adds weight to a claim.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

So ripped, are you saying that I should just send a normal Prelim and proceed with the six years worth I have, but at the same time instigate an Information Commissioners Office complaint?

Then presumably start a 'second track' action against them to try and force them to hand over the pre-6 years info and on receipt of this (if I get it) start another case?

Sorry If I'm seeming dumb but i just want to get this right and not lose it by making any silly mistakes.

Write to your MP and

So ripped, are you saying that I should just send a normal Prelim and proceed with the six years worth I have, but at the same time instigate an Information Commissioners Office complaint?

Yes, exactly! That's what I've done.

Then presumably start a 'second track' action against them to try and force them to hand over the pre-6 years info and on receipt of this (if I get it) start another case?

That seems to be the advice given on the 6 Year-Limitation thread.

Sorry If I'm seeming dumb but i just want to get this right and not lose it by making any silly mistakes.

Far from it. We ALL want to get it right - and (ssshhhh! I included my whole statements going back to 1996 on one of my *please pay up now* accounts.) So playing it safe by asking is OK!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Dusary

Many thanks indeed for setting me straight !

Mac :D

Write to your MP and

Update

Saturday, 9th June 2007

OK, I know I've been um'ing and ah'ing about this, but I've come to a decision

As I asked them for full statements right back to the beginning of my banking relationship with them (some 17 years or so ago) and they've only sent me the six years, I'm going to fire off an LBA as a prelude to a Non-Compliance Letter asking for the rest of the statements. Drafting it now.

If anyone has any guidance to offer, or if they think what I'm doing is wrong, please don't hesitate to shout out - but I have to act otherwise they win; and reading through the threads (I have done very little but deep-read the threads over the past two days), it appears there is no clear-cut direction about what to do in this situation. So I've decided to draw them into a response in order to gauge their thinking.

I'll post the draft for peer review- your opinions are valuable to me!

Cheers

Mac :D

Write to your MP and

OK here's my draft - feedback welcomed as always ;) This is just my current a/c - it appears that they are dealing with the Visa on a separate track:

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Current Account - Sort Code xx-xx-xx Account no. xxxxxxxx (closed)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref: DSARxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated (xx/xx/xx). The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing:

• You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges. I asked for full disclosure of my complete banking history with yourselves. You have provided only current account statements from 30 Dec 2000 to 13 Dec 2005. My account with you as you are well aware goes back many years prior to this; to xx/xx/87 in fact. (awaiting confirmaton of this from a branch on Monday - but I think it's now actually 20 years!!!).

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing. Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 7 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours faithfully

Lord Mac Of Boy

My nice new CAG envelope stickers await :D

Write to your MP and

Seems we've been thinking along the same lines.

I've initiated my complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. Since that initial complaint much MORE has come to light!

I am disappointed that you did not address the issues I raised in my previous correspondence, but chose, instead to send me a standard template letter. These issues were:

· Failure to comply with my Subject Access Request – Information Commissioner’s Office informed

· Failure to supply me with a complete history of my banking with your organisation - Information Commissioner’s Office informed

· Failure to disclose history of other accounts being held or held with you by myself –

Information Commissioner’s Office informed

· Failure to send me a copy of the Terms and Conditions you referred to in your most recent letter - Information Commissioner’s Office informed

· Failure to disclose any manual intervention in my accounts undertaken by yourselves –

Information Commissioner’s Office informed

· Failure to acknowledge receipt of the request to remove the default notice recently applied –

Financial Ombudsman’s Office notified;

amongst other things.

Don't know whether that helps in your case/situation.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Thanks Dusary, yes, this will help depending on their response to the above letter. Once I get the actual commencement date of my account from my local branch (hopefuly this morning), I'll send it off.

Failure to disclose any manual intervention in my accounts undertaken by yourselves

Just to clear something up - they say in their initial response something about not being required to do this does anyone know what the actual position is?

Write to your MP and

Update

Monday 11th June 2007

Walked into my local HFX branch this morning to ask about my account opening date, which had slipped from my memory into the annals of time.

Very helpful enquiry person (not counter staff) asked for ID, fired up her system and produced a list of every account or product I ever had from them! That'll be useful at some point :D

Anyway, have now established that my account was opened at the beginning of 1987 so that's over 20 years :D Now to send the letter!

Mac

Write to your MP and

Milestone Diary Entry No. 5

Monday 11th June 2007

LBA - Data Protection Act Non-Compliance sent today. I've used this to point out to them thay they are non-compliant in that I have only received the initial 6 years' worth of statements (i have an account that was 18.5 years old at the time of closing). This should elicit a response from them invoking the Limitation Act 1980. They have seven days to respond.

I've also pointed out to them that I've only received statements for my current account - nothing at all from my credit card; and asked them to confirrm whether this is being dealt with on a separate track.

Let battle commence ;)

Write to your MP and

Update

Friday 15th June 2007

Proof of delivery @RM online shows letter signed for by a named recipent 12/06. No response from HFX.

Mac

Write to your MP and

I think, then, you've to wait another 7 days!

Ah! Well!

You can always do what I've done - and prepare your Court Bundle!

Why another 7 days, Dusary? I thought it was calendar days not working days- which would give them only until next Tuesday to respond, in my view?

Write to your MP and

You are possibly right.

However - if it ever DOES come to Court - then I'd be prepared to let the Judge/Sheriff see that you had been accommodating and had given the bank some leeway (especially since the poor things are so stressed out by us lot banging on their doors!).

Hehehehe :D I will - Good advice :D

Write to your MP and

In your case: Judge! Since you're in London.

Indeed, Dusary - but Sherrif sounds so much cooler :D

I think I've already kind of taken your advice by default - they've had an extra week while I was faffing around deciding what tack to take!

Write to your MP and

That's OK then!

(And no *falling-out* ;) )

Hehehehe! Well.. except with the Halifax ;)

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

Kurrect!

(What a "stooshie" about Beware the Royal Mail!)

• Haha 1

Update

Tuesday 19th June 2007

No response from Halifax per my Data Protection Act non-compliance LBA seven days ago. Will give them another day or so then report them to the Information Commissioner and commence enforcement through the Court. :mad:

Write to your MP and

That's it!

I didn't hear anything, either!