First Direct: Explanation of your charges (from website)

MondeoST24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

explanation of your charges

tariff fee

A charge associated with a general product or service.

overdraft fee

A monthly fee for exceeding an agreed overdraft limit

If during any statement period your debit balance exceeds the agreed overdraft limit an overdraft fee will be incurred.

excess overdraft fee

This is levied when a further debit hits an account already over its agreed limit.

If a credit reaches the account on the same day, the charge is still levied unless the credit brings the account back within the agreed limit.

debit interest

This is the interest charged on any borrowing such as credit cards, personal loans, mortgages and overdrafts.

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

my bank says that if you remedy the position the same day then there is no charge

my bank charges me if I cover the amount a minute after its taken out, 39 quid!!! I have transferred money on internet banking to cover a dd which wasnt showing online. On questioning the charge was told that the dd went out 10 minutes before they recieved the credit so the charge stands.

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

GE Capital - counter claim 6/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

my bank says that if you remedy the position the same day then there is no charge

My bank (Lloyds) bounced 3 DDs at midnight even though I deposited more than enough to cover the outgoings 11 hours later the same day. I now have to pay over £120 for my misdemenour (being £103 over my od during half the working day).

Surely this is good evidence for a county court?

If they bounced them at midnight then when the bank opened you put the money in - then what did they do during their closed hours that cost them £39?

I asked them that, but it was one of the questions they didn't answer.

Incidentally, in their T&Cs it does state that transactions will take place after midnight and before the banks open, so make sure you have enough money available in your account the day before to cover the next days' outgoings.

Of course, manual intervention by night workers on unsocial hours rates is at least double time - plus there will be subsistence allowance and taxi home.

I don't think that we have much of an argument left here.

The bank can administer transactions only on a working day, however charges can and are applied at any time.

This supports there is no manual intervention.

How many items 'bounce' at 00 00 hours each day ? surely there are not enough staff about at this time of the morning to have manual intervention.

The bank can administer transactions only on a working day, however charges can and are applied at any time.

This supports there is no manual intervention.

How many items 'bounce' at 00 00 hours each day ? surely there are not enough staff about at this time of the morning to have manual intervention.

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but the three 'bounces' definately happened soon after midnight because I was working at the computer - at about 11 pm one day there was nothing showing and at 00:45 3 DDs had been bounced. It was almost like they were waiting for it to happen :-)

Hsbc claim there online statment infomation is correct at the time show when you access the website, its not correct and is never upto date.

It does correct before the banking day starts, perhaps the transactions are manually checked after they have gone through at 00 00hours then after the costly part has happened they allow them to appear on your account. Thing is we can only assume as they do not want to tell us the exact workings of the system.

Never have I met anyone whos job title included 'charge admin' etc etc hours 24 00 - 08 00 mon - sat, this should account for 1 in 10 jobs in the uk today..... never see them advertised though.

No thse jobs are done in India, The Upper Volta or Christmas Island where labour is £100 per hour for manual intervention

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Year 1994-Description Of Occupation name Office clerk

Occupation Name : OFFICE CLERK

Country Name : INDIA

Year : 1994

Exchange Rate Local Currency/us $ (from Imf) : 31.3700008392334

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks