noomill v Student Loan Company ***WON***

noomill060
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

noomill060, I have just gone to the link above for the Subject Access Request to ask SLC for a list of all charges applied to my wifes Loans over the past lot of years.

Since first meeting her, we have only had 1 year without hassle of losing Deferrment forms etc - this year when I faxed it to them on the last day when they phoned to say they were standing at the fax macine - off went 19 page fax and things went lovely. The previous 6 years have been 'we didnt receive that' even though we sent the forms 'Signed for...' and was able to tell them who signed for it and when...

Basically, we have arrears of >£300 and they are hassling the pish out of us for immediate payment... As I was adjudged Bankrupt in April 09 and my wife is on Maternity Allowance it willbe like getting blood from a stone... Told them £1 was the best they can expect... They didnt like it but accepted it. Want to have all charges removed to lessen the amount and complain about the deferrment feck-ups each year...

Any advice for another Norn Iron student??

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you can prove they received the deferment forms in time, I would go for a small claim for an order to have them removed, along with the £20 letter fees.

It is you or your wife that they have been hassling for payment?

If its you they are hassling, refer them to your official receiver. You are bankrupt, so they are stuffed.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but just heard that SLC has admitted unlawfully used a fake law firm called Smith Lawson to harass it's customers up until June 2014.

http://www.slc.co.uk/media/latest-news/smith-lawson-statement.aspx

I remember them sending me Smith Lawson letters when attempting to collect their £20 unlawful penalty charges. These letters caused considerable stress.

I'm sure they will be delighted to hear from me again and make an offer of settlement...

I'm in the same boat, went through a cycle of various dubious collection companies, until I publicised my situation in a rather high-pol file way, at which point Student Loans stopped hassling me. Stopped demanding ANY payment, no deferment renewal, no nothing.

I haven't heard from SLC for over 6 years, and I'd rather not rock the boat as it's getting to the point where the whole debt will be wiped