PPI for barclaycard + monument

Guest Lueeze
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Lueeze

Okay, my partners cards had big spends on them, and when he was made redundant he wrote to them asking to claim on the PPI.

Barclaycard payed out once for £340 (the amount on the card was £3.5k)

Monument never paid out and we kept getting fob offs saying the stuff was lost in the post/ineligability blah blah!

So I want to know If I can claim this back? I have writen my prelim to monument and asked for 3 x £75 for non payment (£75 is minimum payment but amount on card was £3k)

And I guess barclayscard should have been annother 2 months @ £340

Can anyone enlighten me on amount PPI usually pay out? Is this an accurate assumption on payments we should have had?

Can i get it back? even now he is still paying for this stuff! GRRR!

No simple answer here, Lou. There's too many factors in play.

Most PPIs won't kick in until 30, 60, or 90 days after unemployment occurs. You'd need to check the T&Cs to see which applies to yours.

Secondly, with redundancy, there's this: A redundancy payment is meant to compensate you for the future loss of those pay packets you won't get, due to you losing your job. Therefore, a lot of insurance companies will only pay up to a certain amount, which is the difference between the redundancy and the dole, (I'm simplifying as much as I can, here) on a proportional scale. In your partner's case, because he got a job quite quickly, if I understand right, the odds are that he'll have fallen between the holes of the net, as it were.

You really need to read the T&Cs very very carefully and see if what I said makes sense that way.

As for Monument, you'll need to be wee bit more specific than "blah blah" for someone to hazard a guess as to the whys and therefores!!!! :D

Guest Lueeze

well it was a year ago now, monument and barcalys are one and the same, so guessing they use the same insurers?

Anyway checked ou the site, and fter 14 days they pay up 10% each month on the balance. You have to fill in the form (which we did for both)

Barclays paid, but only after stalling and monument as far as i can remember said they never recieved our form or JSA claim for proof which was rubbish of course!

So barclay paid £340, that would be 10%, surely monument should have paid too.

He was out of work for 3 1/2 months total....yes he got a redundancy payment, but as far a i see on their terms (barclays) that doesnt make any difference, it only doesnt pay out if its 'voluntary redundancy'

Mhhh.... Well, by law, a letter is deemed received 2 days after sending it, and "loss" of post is not accepted as a valid excuse, so in that respect, it would go to balance and probabilities, and let's face it, if you did it for B/card, why wouldn't you do it for both, so the balance would be more in your favour.

Certainly seems worth pursuing, yes. And exactly why is he still paying for it? Surely, that should have made him realise how not worth it they are?

The only PPI (AND life assurance) I feel is worth really having is on your mortgage or really big secured loan. Everything else comes down to non-essentials, and can be negotiated. That's just my opinion.

Guest Lueeze

I never have PPI on cards ect!

He is worse with money than I am! Of ocurse beacuse of the DPA, i always face brick walls from them even if he has given me premission to discuss the account.

Im going to claim £340.82 x 2 Months = £681.64 from barclaycard.

Im going to revise the PPI claim for monument from £75 x 3 months

to 10% of balance x 3 months which will be about £300 x 3 months =£900

Does this seem fair? I dont want to claim too much, but we would have had this money if they hadnt stuffed up. What about interest too, shall i just leave that out?

Guest Lueeze

I have my charges threads running for both just wanted to check on the PPI side before i claim, as I know others who have had PPI issues too.

Thanks for all the help! :grin:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks