other charges - can I claim??

charliebubs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've put my claim into my bank, First Direct, and I included all bank charges on the accounts for the last 6 years.........these included overdraft fees, excess overdraft fees, international bank payment fees and arrangement fees.

I've had a letter from FD this morning making me an offer (£163 of the £342 I was claiming) and they say that I cannot claim for the international bank charges and the arrangement fees.............is this correct??

I don't know whether to fight them or accept the offer???

Also, when they sent me my 6 years bank statements........attached to the back of them was the precis of another lady's account. It has her full name and address and her home phone number, a list of all her accounts and their balances and limits. I don't know what to do with this information???? :o One of my friends has suggested that I call the lady and let her know what the bank have done, but I'm not sure this is the right course of action??? Should I tell the bank and maybe threaten them with Watchdog or something??? or try and use it in my claim??

HELP please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

:)

Claimed bank charges back from First Direct - 2007

Claim pending for bank charges with Alliance & Leicester - 2008

Looking into enforceability of CCA's with MBNA (x2) and Next Directory - 2009

They've broken the law in failing to supplying someones personal information to someone who has not been authorised to have it. I'd write or email the Data Protection registrar.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

Charlie, you can't claim fees for ligit services such as International bank payments and arrangements as they are within their rights to charge for these activities (and make a profit from them)

All you can claim for is penalties, eg unauth'd O/D, excess O/D, returned Payments (cheques/Standing Orders/DD's).

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Charlie, you can't claim fees for ligit services such as International bank payments and arrangements as they are within their rights to charge for these activities (and make a profit from them)

All you can claim for is penalties, eg unauth'd O/D, excess O/D, returned Payments (cheques/Standing Orders/DD's).

Thanks Ben! Bummer though!! :(

So, I should just accept their offer and not even try anything else? I have been reading in the FD forum that some people have had a similar response about "recall charges" and not being able to claim them, but when they have taken it further FD have paid up.......

Claimed bank charges back from First Direct - 2007

Claim pending for bank charges with Alliance & Leicester - 2008

Looking into enforceability of CCA's with MBNA (x2) and Next Directory - 2009

Hi Everyone.

I have a question re: other charges. I have claimed back what was owing to me and have had an offer letter for the majority of the amount, minus interest which I don't intend to accept, but in the meantime they (Halifax) have continued to impose charges. In my rejection letter am I able to add these new charges on or should I just let them go. I really think they are taking the mick but don't know what to do about it! Any ideas or advice please. Thanks

Banie.

They've broken the law in failing to supplying someones personal information to someone who has not been authorised to have it. I'd write or email the Data Protection registrar.

P.

Just re-read that and noticed my mistake - please read the above without the words "failing to". What an idiot.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!