Faulty plasma from hughes, help please !!

johnoo76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought A Hitachi 42in Plasma 2 Weeks Ago On Intrest Free Credit.tv Was Delivered But After Tv Warmed Up It Started To Make A High Pitched Buzzing Noise!phoned Up And Complained,they Sent Engineer Round He Said It Was No Good (no ****) Got Another Delivered And This Ones Worse.now They Have Said The Best They Can Do Is Order The Bits From Hitachi And Fix The 1st One I Had.but Now I Have Been Told On The Phone Today That Only One Of The Bits Needed Is In Stock At Hitachi,and The Don't Know When To Expect It In.

I Have Been Told I Can Go In And Choose Another Make But I Want This One If I Wanted Another Make I Would Of Chosen It In The First Place...

How Many Times Have I Got To Sit In And Wait For Delivery Drivers And Engineers..

Should I Go In And Try And Get A More Expensive Model For The Same Price Or Just Complain To Manager In Writing To Try And Get Money Off?????

I Just Feel That I've Been Put Out So Much Over A Simple Task Of Buying A Tv .

Any Ideas ???????

wHy dO yoU SpEcifIcalLy waNt The HitaTcHi iN quEstIoN? (yes the caps are rather annoying)

Wouldn't you rather prefer a tv that possibly functioned as you required - I know that after having two of the same model with the same problem I'd be dubious about quality (although it could be a faulty batch) as even if you got one that did work you could suffer the problem later and as you've found out parts are hard to come by.

You won't get money off or a more expensive model, you can't actually profit from faulty goods - that's not how it works.

You can either accept another repair - which should be done within a reasonable time - or if this is not possible the trader can offer a replacement television of the same value. Alternatively you can reject the TV and get a full refund and buy a TV elsewhere.

I think I read your post properly though it was extremely hard to concentrate on the words, please don't use the capitals again as it's almost impossible to read through it and thus advise.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

thanks for all the advice,sorry about the caps don't know what happened there.

mistie whats wrong with getting the tv repaired?

i don't understand why hitachi haven't done a product recall from what i have read in tv forums it's a common problem.

i did ask if it would affect my warrenty if i had a repaired one and they said no.

i think i'm going to give them till next saturday if i don't recieve a working tv by then,then i'll cancel and go elsewhere,even comet r doing them 50 quid cheaper now.

i don't understand why hitachi haven't done a product recall from what i have read in tv forums it's a common problem.

i'll cancel and go elsewhere,even comet r doing them 50 quid cheaper now.

Ok so you know its a common fault and still you are going to buy the same model?!? If I knew there was a common fault with a piece of kit I was going to buy I'd be looking at a different model/manufacturer as not only is the chance of hassle immediate but also the chances of problems later down the line are greater.

• 2 months later...