MrHorgy vs Barclays

Horgy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I currently trying to claim for my girlfriend, she think's she's owed about £3,000.

I sent off a letter with a "Letter of Authority" enclosed with it, and a cheque, that instructed them to deal with me regarding the matter of reclaiming the charges. The rest was template letter.

Does anyone know if that is sufficient? I sent the letter recorded on the 16th Feb and have had no response, what do people think I should do? Wait out the next week or so? Or send a reminder?

Horgy

Yeah I sent the original letter with the request and a cheque, but got nothing. I'm about to send them the following I think - what you think?

Dear Etc etc..

Further to my Subject Access Request sent 16 February 2007, with enclosed Letter of Authority from the account holder and cheque for £10, I notice that you have as yet failed to provide the documents I requested.

As stated in the letter, you have 40 days in which to assemble this data and provide it to me, otherwise you will have breached your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998. That 40 day period will elapse on 28 March 2007.

Should you fail to meet your obligations by the above date, I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court, and take steps to further the matter with the Information Commissioners Office.

I have enclosed a copy of the original Letter or Authority for your convenience.

Yours faithfully,

Blah Blah

Ok, I never got round to sending the letter, and 40 days is up so I sent them the "court in 7 days or else" letter. if they fail to respond to this, is there any guidance for filling out the court claim documents, for getting all your statements?

Nope, had absolutely nothing from them. Although my girlfriend said they wrote and said that she'd have to go in and pick up the statements from her local branch? Does that sound right?

i am also dealing with barclays and i have found them to be very slow at sending statements. i sent the sar on 7/03/07 and they only sent me a letter last week saying they was dealing with this. they also returned my !10.oo cheque. I think they are snowed under right now especially with the recent programme going out on them.

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.