They said they wont pay the interest ..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my letter off via recorded post on the 2nd Oct, still havent got the statements back, not even a letter of confirmation or anything.

It is coming up to the deadline now, They have cashed the cheque of £10, this was done within a few days of sending the letter.

What to do recommend I do ?

Guest bluecloud

You can write to them,

Miss L Lumb

Data Protection Consultant

Halifax plc

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

However this also is not guaranteed to work. There seems to be no rhyme or reason when it comes to how banks deal with customer requests, legal or otherwise.

I have tried to keep my Halifax CC and my partner's claim running in parallel as a comparision in service. Neither of us had a response to the SAR. Only I have received a response to a reminder letter.

Personally I am using snail-mail for everything as it helps me to keep track of everything. The Halifax only have until 12th November to send a complete list of transactions and charges (I've had 6 years worth but request a full list which is nearly 8 years). I will be sending the non-compliance version of the LBA on the 13th for both sets of claims and no doubt I will be spending £60 to issue 2 claims in Court the following Monday. It may sound like I'm being a little harsh but with the cr*p that both of us have had to endure over the last decade or so, it's about time banks learned that customers are the ones with the power. (Rant over :) )

Hi Michaela,

I am in a similar timescale, maybe a couple of days ahead..

Still heard nothing, went into local branch last week and they said they would chase it up.

Looks like a non-compliance letter will be going out at start of next week.

You never know, maybe the postie will have something for me tomorrow if they are trying to cut it fine :cool:

good luck and keep in touch :D

Adbru

----------------------

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for Joint acct 29-Sept-06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) delivered 30-Sep-06.

09-Oct-2006 £10 cheque cashed. (S.A.R - (Subject Access Request))

01-Nov-2006 - No statements/chased local branch.

08-nov-2006 - First acknowledgement of my request from Hbos.statements to follow.

I'm glad it's not just me - have just fired off the Letter Before Action template letter warning they have 7 days to comply if they don't want me to go for a court order. You might want to try the same approach?

See here if you don’t know what I’m talking about:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

All the best!!

If you wish to speed things up, have a look at this thread.

It really is worth phoning Halifax before the deadline rather than sending reminders.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/43662-halifax-40-days-40-a.html

the conatct numbers for Halifax are:

Direct Line: 01422 332991

Fax No: 01422 394512

HALIFAX PLC

TRINITY ROAD

HALIFAX

WEST YORKSHIRE

HX1 2RG

Hi again,

finally got some progress(?)...

Got an acknowledgement of my request from Halifax. (on day 39!!)

Statements to follow, I will give them till start of next week then wade in......

Good luck people

Adbru

----------------------

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for Joint acct 29-Sept-06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) delivered 30-Sep-06.

09-Oct-2006 £10 cheque cashed. (S.A.R - (Subject Access Request))

01-Nov-2006 - No statements/chased local branch.

08-nov-2006 - First acknowledgement of my request from Hbos.statements to follow.

Guest bluecloud

It is still worth sending the non-compliance letter on day 40 if you don't receive the statements. In the event that the bank still don't send them within the next week you can proceed with a claim for the information to be disclosed without any further delays.

I'm still waiting for my statements, requested 05/10/06 - Got the bf to speak to them on Mon and they advised that they are making full use of their 40 days to comply at the moment!

Barclays

Settled in full 13/09/06 after LBA (£115.00):D

Nationwide

LBA sent 13/09/06 - Response 04/10/06.

Moneyclaim submitted 04/10/06.

Won (settled in full) 19/10/06. (£748.00):D

Halifax

S.A.R sent 05/10/06.

Prelim sent 14/11/06.

LBA sent 28/11/06.

Offer rejection sent 30/11/06.

GE Capital

S.A.R sent 25/10/06 on behalf of sister.

Incomplete statements sent.

Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 30/11/06

Barclaycard agree to pay difference between charges and 12 pound OFT charge suggestion. Accepted £64.00 06/12/06.

I called them yesterday as they on day 31 with me and the nice lady said "if you had called and asked for them over the phone we could have responded quicker". I don't believer her but she did say she would send the relevant department a note asking them to speed things up. Next week i will send them a letter reminding them that the time is ticking.

Cahoot

Prelim sent 2nd Aug 2006 - usual "if your not happy then sod off" reply.

LBA sent 25th Aug 2006 - another "if your not happy then sod off" and an offer to refund £130, accepted as partial settlement, used to pay for MCOL

MCOL filed on 15th Sept 2006.

Acknoledged 26th Sept 2006

Defended 12th Oct 2006 in a letter to me but not to the courts

Started judgement by default on 30th Oct 2006

Barclaycard

Citibank

Halifax sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 09/10/06 nothing back yet

Capital one

etc..........watch out here I come.

im also in the same boat......no reply,nothing!....where do we go from here?

i emailed halifax just to make sure my SAR was being dealt with. Received reply back that it was and would be dealt with within the time frame. Then today, 1 day before 40 day deadline, i receive an acknowledgement sent special delivery saying my statements will be on there way to me shortly.

Email them with the details etc and hopefully they'll reply that its all in hand. Email addresses on several threads. (I sent my one to kelly duffy.)

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 1.10.06 (chq cashed 6.10.06)

Acknowledgement recvd. 9.11.06...(1 day before 40 day limit)

prelim sent 13.11.06. (rcv.14.1.06)

ack.rcvd. 24.11.06

LBA letter sent 29.11.06

settlement offer 11.12.06 declined 13.12.06

called Halifax 0121-234-1068 3.1.07 ..........settlement letter for full amount of £1474 on its way ! won't be happy till money in my acct!

recvd settlement letter for the £1474. signed and returned. 5.1.07

Hi All,

Everything I've needed about statements etc, and more, has been received because of this lady:-

Kelly Duffy

Senior Customer Relations Manager

Executive Office

Customer Relations

Direct Dial 01422 326326

Fax 01422 326688

kellyduffy@halifax.co.uk

She must hate me because I pass her name on to everyone!

Look through my thread there are various contacts and e-mail addresses.

Good luck

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

I know you have had lots of names but here's another to add to the list.

KenPatton@HBOSplc.com he was really heplful and has got all my statements etc sent to the Branch for me to collect.

Hope this helps.

he's the person who signed on my letter re statements.

i just want to get them and 'start the ball rolling'!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 1.10.06 (chq cashed 6.10.06)

Acknowledgement recvd. 9.11.06...(1 day before 40 day limit)

prelim sent 13.11.06. (rcv.14.1.06)

ack.rcvd. 24.11.06

LBA letter sent 29.11.06

settlement offer 11.12.06 declined 13.12.06

called Halifax 0121-234-1068 3.1.07 ..........settlement letter for full amount of £1474 on its way ! won't be happy till money in my acct!

recvd settlement letter for the £1474. signed and returned. 5.1.07

• 2 weeks later...

How long does it take to get your money back ?

I have got a letter stating that my statements are available for me to collect from the local branch (this is now a closed account and has been for about 2 years now)

I am going to pick them up tomorrow, and was wondered on average what stage did they pay out to you.

Also just about to take HSBC to the smalls claim, and really nervous

Hi

My claim for the Halifax took approx 3 months from requesting my statements to get to the MCOL stage:| . They really dragged their heals though!

If you have your statements I would give it a couple of months including your MCOL (If you have to go that far). It all depends on how much the Halifax drag it out.

• 4 months later...

Halifax have offered me £500 of my £781 back, I rang them and refused, they said that they will not pay back the interest and never had, cos that is them admitting that the bank charges are wrong.

So they finally agreed to pay me £586.00, send me out another agreement letter, but stated the amount as £5.86 on the acceptance form.

I am going to ring them to correct this, I have also closed my account now, and they are been funny about sending me a cheque.

Do you think I should fight for the interest as well, if so how do I go about doing this.

If you calculated the interest as accrued from say a resultant overdraft, then they owe you that money.

i.e: in simple terms balance in account 1.00 - failed DD - £38 - balance now -£37 interest on balance as overdrawn - £2.00 = they owe you £39.

BUT - you must really use the excellent spreadsheets on this site, they are invaluable, and will give a clearer and more explicit amount to recharge. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Have you moved through a due process? - prelim asking for money back, 14 days after letter before action?, if so then threaten them with court action, the amount you are claiming plus interest (accrued as result of you going overdrawn through charges), plus costs plus Stat interest of 8% and theeafter at 8% per day....but ensure you have calculated the charges correctly.

Moral - Read, Read, Read again all relevant bits of this site and look at others threads. It does help to get your head around it all, there's always someone to help as well

Good luck

Steve

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

Guest Niklowe

No Michaela, you can claim back the interest incurred by the penalty charges.You don't have to accept their offer. Get it all back. It's your money