Lowell SD and HSBC account OD debt

Housemartin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening to All.

This is my first post on here and wondered if some kind soul could give me some advice on the next step I should take.

I recently started receiving demands from Lowell for an alleged debt to HSBC for £4300.00 which I know I do not owe.

This debt is supposed to be from a 'closed' current account.

We have not used this account since we sold our house (the mortgage being also with HSBC) over 5 years ago.

When we completed the sale the bank settled everything that we owed and gave us the remainder of the equity, almost £20,000. At no time did we even go overdrawn after that.

As far as we were aware, there was about £10 left in the account and we have not used it in any way since. The bank always had our knew address, but we have not received any letters from them in all this time.

Lowell tell us we have an unpaid overdraft with HSBC to the tune of £4,383.84 which we know nothing about and they say the debt was sold to them last year.

They will not give me any evidence of this alleged debt, saying only that if I pay a nominal fee of say, £20, they will send me a copy of the original agreement with the bank.

I received today a Statutary demand for the full amount.

When I phoned them this evening they tell me that I should agree a payment plan with them to pay off the debt, and if it turns out that, if as I state, I do not owe anything, they will of course return my money.

I also telephoned HSBC this evening only to be told they have no record save to say that my account was closed some considerable time ago.

I could really do with some assistance here because I do not owe HSBC anything but feel like I am being forced into a corner with the added threat of bankrupcy, a course of action that would lead to dismissal from my employers.

Many Thanks in Advance

Guest ian cognito

An SAR to HSBC should show all transactions on this account within the time preiod you refer to, I would take this step first and see what it turns up.

Then tell Lowell the debt is in dispute and they need to refer back to the bank.

Guest ian cognito

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

This is a letter to the bank asking for all the information they hold on you, as a standard they send info for the past 6 years but you can request they go further back than that if this period isn't enough.

Have a read of this too:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/