It's only £30, but I want it Back! ***WON***

Odd Fellow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brennan is back in court on 21st May at 10.30am

That day can't come quick enough. Good luck to him.

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all over.

Nat West has given up the fight stating in a letter that although it believes the "particulars of the claim disclose no reasonable grounds or course of action against the bank" it will settle the claim as it is not "commercially viable or cost effective for the bank to defend".

This letter was attached to a cheque for a £128.32.

However, it also put in a gagging clause. That was removed when I telephoned the bank telling it that I did not accept the terms of settlement.

It really is quite absurd that these banks can continue to do this without their shareholders getting quite ****ed off. If it had paid up the £30 that I requested rather than wasting its time (and undoubtedly, its money) then it wouldn't have cost almost £100 more.

Still, I guess £100 is nothing to Nat West.... But £100 x 1000 claims (or more) surely can't be ignored....

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

Oooooooo mate, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I honestly can't believe they let you take them to court for £30............... it beggars belief!!!! But at least you've got the cash back now - and good on yer for sticking to yer guns! Hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Congratulations on you enduring marathon. I am holding a cheque now for £20,000 also delivered this morning. So we are both a great example to all you folk out there. Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back. No claim to big or to small. ;) So what are you waiting for ?????

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

£20k? WOW.

Good on ya. Invest it wisely.

Odd

• 3 months later...

Thread moved to success forum.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

• 1 year later...

umm hi, im not sure if this is a big thing but i think its worth me finding out.

i recentley used paypal without knowing i had little money in my account,

and have just realised that i went 6 pounds overdrawn and they have just charged me 28 pounds even though i got paid the next day after going overdrawn?. i have a natwest current account.

is there anything i can do to get that money back?

as im currentley on jobseekers allowance after losing my job and i have little money so 28pounds is alot to me at the moment?

thanks for any advice?

ta.