Della v Halifax ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

What a fantastic site this is!!

A new user, & a bit nervous about all of this! Sent my DPA letters on Thursday. Had a phone call within a day saying that the relevent dept. will be ringing me to discuss the letter. Is this normal? I've decided to ignore the phone as they'll probably try & confuse me.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might help as we have read alot of the forums your question is common of the halifax to say best advice and to keep your head in one direction is to stick to a plan ie 1st letter 2nd letter then court. we have heard that they say they will call but they dont.Everything you need is on this site letters advice and indepth imformation we have just been reimbersed on one account going for the second now so good luck.

....as they'll probably try & confuse me.

I think that's probably true, and best avoided until you become really familiar with the process and the arguements.

By the way, welcome aboard!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

we have heard that they say they will call but they dont.

Well they did say they'd call in the next 24hrs but haven't, so I'm hoping it will stay that way! Thanks for all the advice.

Just wondered if anyone else has this concern......

I also have a loan & credit card with Halifax (for my sins!!), & should I manage to get my charges refunded from my account, can they close my loan & credit card accounts? I have opened another current account so I'm not fussed if they close that. Any advice?

Della, please don't duplicate posts - stick to one thread in relation to the same account etc.

The banks have an option to choose their customers, and even though you and I know that they will close some accounts out of spite, there's little we can do.

We can't tell you what they will do in your case, but you have to be prepared...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

naughty girl.

NEW Barclays Bank claim - £80 requested. LBA not acknowledged yet. 14 days have passed. Moneyclaim about to be dispatched for second time.

Barclays Bank - £2155 requested. LBA acknowledged and awaiting response. Offer of £875 made and refused. Moneyclaim issued 20th June 2006. Court date issued for 15th November 2006. £2325 including costs.....and growing at 39p a day

Amex - £15 refunded.

Halifax Credit Card - £25 refunded.

Co-Op Credit Card - £25 returned. Credit file amended.

I sent my DPA letters on the 18th May & not heard a thing since my phone call the next day to say they would call me within 48hrs.....they never have......but I am ignoring witheld number calls, so it may be them, oh well.

No cheques have been banked either. Whats the usual length of time these people take to send out 6yrs worth of statements? I wait with excitement for the postman each morning!!!! I want to get this ball rolling!!!!

Halifax current account - DPA sent 18/05/06 (received 19/05/06 recorded delivery)

Phone call 20/05/2006, saying will call within 48 hrs.....

Halifax cardcash account - DPA sent 18/05/06 (received by hand)

They have 40 days to comply and they are not going to be in any rush as they will be quite aware of why you want them :D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Cheeky ******'s have just sent an online letter charging me £30 for paying a cheque out for 3p more than I had in my account even though I paid money in on the same day! :-x That will be added to their bill..............:p

Update:

Still no statements sent but they have banked one of my cheques today so I eagerly await the postman......

Just thought I'd add that I rang the halifax regarding my recent charge, saying that I thought it was unfair........ I was told that I'm entitled to one goodwill gesture a year (?!) & therefore would not be charged the £30 on this occasion! What a result! Well, if you don't ask........I wouldn't have had the confidence to do it before I started this, so thankyou!!

Halifax current acc - DPA letter sent 18/05/06. Received 19/05/06 (Recorded delivery). Time up - 27th June

Halifax cardcash acc - DPA letter sent 18/05/06. Received 18/05/06 (By hand).

Telephone call 18/05/06 to say letter forwarded to correct dept & will be in touch within 48 hrs. Time up - 27th June

08/06/06 cheque banked.

Well done.

I would have said "OK, then make the one goodwill payment equal to all my charges in the last 6 years" :)

• 2 weeks later...

Have just returned form holiday to 2 letters waiting for me, one to say that they will send out the statements by 25th June & the other returning one of my cheques as a goodwill gesture, as I have already requested info on another account & so they'd waiver the second fee!

Halifax must be feeling generous these days. They better stay that way!

Halifax current acc - DPA letter sent 18/05/06. Received 19/05/06 (Recorded delivery). Time up - 27th June

Letter received 12th June. Statements on their way, no later than 26th June. Cheque rtnd.

Telephone call 18/05/06 to say letter forwarded to correct dept & will be in touch within 48 hrs. Time up - 27th June

Letter received 12th June. Statements on their way, no later than 25th June.

08/06/06 cheque banked.

Update:

Have received statements for current account today, £810 in charges, plus £12.39 interest.

Sending out next letter tomorrow.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Letter received 12th June. Statements on their way, no later than 26th June. Cheque rtnd.

20/06/06 Statements arrived.

£822.39 prelim. letter sent 22/06/06 time up:06/07/06

Letter received 12th June. Statements on their way, no later than 25th June.

08/06/06 cheque banked

Hi all,

Just an update:

Have had a letter yesterday in response to my prelim letter, standard "We're sorry you're not happy" letter. Then today, had a phone call asking to discuss the response of my letter to which I said I didn't have time & was told they would put it in writing.

But.......time is up on my statements arriving before 40 days on my other account, so I called them to find out what was happening. I spoke to a very friendly lady who told me that according their records, they had been sent out on the 14th, & she would order me a new batch asap. I believe they have 7 days to respond to this. Does it also apply, even though they say they have already sent them out?

Any advice please.

Many thanks.

Hi Della

Stick to your deadlines, I think this is the banks way of stalling. They tried this with me and I rang and told them that their date was unacceptable and gave them the 14 day deadline date.... funny enough the statements arrived the next day.

Do you have proof of postage??

Good luck

halifax: Data Protection Act sent 05.05.06

40 days up: 14.06.06 - no info received

sent lba 09.06.06 telling them they have 7 days (21.06.06) to comply

sent prelim letter, 22.06.06 - £4340.00!!

03.07.06 - offered £565 from Halifax

SENT LBA - 7TH JULY 2006

FILE MONEYCLAIM - 21.07.06!!

4.08.06 - ****** SETTLED IN FULL *******

Barclays: sent Data Protection Act 31.05.06

received some info 09.06.06, missing 3 years worth of statements- rang them, they now have 25 days to comply

sent prelim letter, 23.06.06 - £2520!!

SENT LBA - 11TH JULY 2006

20.07.06 - OFFER RECEIVED £900..... No Thanks!!

FILE MONEYCLAIM - 24.07.06

I had already received a letter to say the statements were on there way, no later than 26th June. Got the same letter for my other account, & they turned up fine. I shall stick it out until Friday, see if the snail mail delivers anything, & then I'll ring to say they have 7 days from then I think.......unless I should be doing anything else????!!!!!

Letter received 12th June. Statements on their way, no later than 27th June. Cheque rtnd.

Standard complaints letter received 24/06/06

Phone call to discuss banks response - no thanks. 27/06/06

Letter received 12th June. Statements on their way, no later than 26th June.

08/06/06 cheque banked

27/06/06 phoned to chase statements, bank says sent on 14th. 7 days up on 03/07/06

Had a letter this morning offering me £125 as goodwill settlement........ er, no thanks!

I have to sign & return a form to say that i except, which i'm obviously not going to do.

How should i respond to this? LBA? Or should I except the £125 as part payment & let them know intend to be refunded the whole amount?

I'm a bit lost with the whole letter writing thing & feel a bit out of my depth now!

Help!

Halifax current acc - Data Protection Act letter sent 18/05/06. Received 19/05/06 (Recorded delivery). Time up - 27th June

Letter received 12th June. Statements on their way, no later than 27th June. Cheque rtnd.

£125 offered, no ta!

Halifax cardcash acc - Data Protection Act letter sent 18/05/06. Received 18/05/06 (By hand).

08/06/06 cheque banked

27/06/06 phoned to chase statements, bank says sent on 14th. 7 days up on 03/07/06

If the time limit from the first letter has expired, just send the LBA.

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT ROLL NUMBER: *********

In response to your letter offering £xxx as a goodwill gesture - your offer is accepted only as a partial repayment of the outstanding balance and I do not recognise it as a full and final settlement.

(**I also do not recognise your statement that "future valid charges will stand". This is because I am aware your current charging structure is unlawful.)

Although I appreciate your offer, I would like to notify you that my request was for £xxx, and should a positive response not be received by XX/XX/XXXX, then I shall have no option but to (**file a court action against you / submit a Letter Before Action).

I hope this matter can be resolved amicably and swiftly.

Mr(s) Angrypants.

Delete anything not appropriate etc

Sent letter today in response to offer. Also received a very apologetic letter re other acc. statements to say they were on there way....again!

Gonna read up on the next stage now!

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Halifax current acc - Data Protection Act letter sent 18/05/06. Received 19/05/06 (Recorded delivery). Time up - 27th June

Letter received 12th June.Statements on way. Cheque rtnd.

£125 offered 28/6, replied 29/6, time up 06/07

Halifax cardcash acc - Data Protection Act letter sent 18/05/06. Received 18/05/06 (By hand).

Telephone call 18/05/06 to say letter forwarded. Time up - 27th June

08/06/06 cheque banked

27/06/06 phoned to chase statements, bank says sent on 14th. 7 days up on 03/07/06 Letter received 29/6 to say statements on way!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks