Saffy33 v HSBC ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just filed my MCOL claiming £1,248.08 so I thought I'd start a thread!

Progress so far...

14/02/07 - Sent prelim letter and schedule of charges (no response)

28/02/07 - Sent LBA (no response)

15/03/07 - Completed MCOL

Next steps are to send my schedule of charges to the Court and then sit back and wait I think?!!!

Welcome saffy, your a week behind me, my MCOL went in on the 7th March was noted as acknowledged on the MCOL web site on the 13th March, I'm just waiting for the acknowledgement paperwork in the post before I send my schedule of charges to the court and to DG.

Good Luck

pete

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received a notice of transfer of proceedings. They have crossed out (in pen!) the bit that says please complete the AQ and another piece of documentation says:-

It is ordered that:-

1) The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise

I also received the defence stating that HSBC are going to dispute the full amount.

It's 24/04 now and I haven't heard anything from the local court and I haven't heard ANYTHING from HSBC directly (so no offer :( )

Is there anything I should be doing?

Great thanks for this it was all very helpful. I've just sent a letter to the DG stating that I understood the AQ will be dispensed with (and the amount I would accept - the full amount of course!). I have also sent a letter to the court with the draft order attached. Let's hope I get the full offer soon otherwise I'll have lots of printing and copying to do!!

Hi saffy,, you're on pretty much the same timetable as me... received same thing 'court dispensed with aq'. sent my letter to dg, plus letter and draft attached on the 19th. still not heard a thing from either... will be sending 2nd nudge in next few days........... good luck,,, hope we both receive an offer (full) soon!!!

Have now received a General Form of Judgement or Order from the court saying:-

It is ordered that

1. The action be stayed until 23 May 2007 or until further order: the stay will also afford the parties an opportunity to try and settle the matter without a court hearing.

Liberty to apply to remove/extend the stay.

File to be referred back to the District Judge by 23 May 2007

This order was made on the District Judge's own initiative pursuant to CPR Part 23.8. If you object to the terms of the order you must make an application to the court to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it pursuant to CPR Part 23.10.

I've read around and not found alot of people who have had this. However, the feeling seems to be that I should object to the terms stating that HSBC have had ample time to settle out of court and that they've never made any attempt to even respond to me. Is there anything anyone would recommend or any templates people have sent before?

HELP!!!

I have a similar situation (post 58 on wards):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/47207-guido-t-lloyds-tsb-3.html

This should help too:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/78216-important-info-regarding-stays.html

Be a bit careful with this information though, as it geared around Lloyds' devious activities.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Hiya saffy, Im guessing you have very similar to tom, see this thread from about post 261 onwards;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/62692-gimmie-my-money-hsbc.html

Your Judge is trying to get you to use the mediation service, which is hopless, there is nothing to mediate except when the money is paid to you. here's another more extreme thread;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/85935-claim-stayed-help-please.html

Mediation must look very good to a busy Judge (go away and come back when you have agreed) but there is nothing to agree. HSBC and all of the other banks refuse to provide details of their costs so they have to pay.

pete

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thread moved to success forum.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.