just saying hi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I remember years ago when the child poverty action group helped a lowly single parent claim benefits which she was entitled to (moi)

I've come a long way since then - married, own home, own business, fulltime paid employment - and even thought I've never missed a payment on any loan or credit card - I have a lousy credit rating - mais, c'est la vie

it doesn't stop them from ripping me off though - go see my thread on the general page

tiltled 'me vs the debt collecter I employed - what now?'

anyway - hi y'all

• Haha 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

A SAR is used to obtain copies of personal data held about you by a data controller (organisations that keep personal details and are registered under the Data Protection Act have to have a data controller to send request to).

In the CAG context it is used to obtain lists of charges or copies of statements. It is a legally enforceable request that must be complied with (as even the banks are finding out).

A CCA request is a request for a copy of a consumer credit agreement, for example a credit card agreement. Without a properly executed credit agreement a debt is unenforceable so for example a collections agency cannot enforce a debt without a valid CCA.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

thanks for that - so I'm guessing if a company s after you for money but can't provide you with a copy of the credit agreement than they can't pursue it? what happens if the debt was incurred without a credit agreement? for instance you might owe an organisation or business money but they hadn't extended credit to you. I'm thinking along the lines of a service you received but didn't pay up on completion of the service. This hasn't happened to me but I'm just trying to get an understanding of all things I read on the forums.