Dan v Yorkshire Bank ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has there been any progress, Dan?

Have a look two posts up from yours. I believe Dan is waiting til payday before issuing the warrant of execution, however apart from that not a lot has happened.

If my reply or advice was helpful, please click the scales!

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your warrant has been submitted to the court for final validation before being issued.

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

Good luck Dan!!

Doing this on behalf of my lovely Mum!!

LTSB No1 - £200+£31.70+£30 = £261.70 COURT DATE SET 8TH NOVEMBER 2006

LTSB No2 - £423 +£124.16+£80 = £627.16 DEFAULT JUDGEMENT GRANTED DUE TO NO SHOW FROM LTSB

Yorkshire - £498+£102.64+£80 = £680.64 COURT DATE TO BE ADVISED - ALLOCATED TO SMALL CLAIMS TRACK

Citi - £1600+£361.46+£120 = £2081.46 CHEQUE RECEIVED F&F SETTLEMENT 07.06.06

thank you, im MORE than happy to see them in the court room over this

they made my life a living hell and refused to help me when i was gaining charges of £8 a day for almost a month, i didnt know about the cccs or such like organisations

they were also the only creditor not to freeze interest on my credit card when i was in a DMP

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Egg PPI - LBA

They were exactly the same with my Mum, refused to freeze interest etc kept piling charges on - words cant really express the contempt that I feel for the Banks for the situations they land people in, even when they have tried their best to get their help and understanding.

Fortunately we were lucky in that we had a fantastic advisor at CAB who helped us no end, and my Mum is now in the situation where she is paying back all she owes slowly but surely, and obviously the just short of £4k (£2k of which we have already received from Citi) that we are claiming from 3 institutions will go some way to ensure that her debt free day is some time sooner.

I too would be more than happy to spend my day in court, if only to listen to the c**p they would spout in their defence, if its a poor as the written defence it could be rather amusing!!!

LTSB No2 - £423 +£124.16+£80 = £627.16 DEFAULT JUDGEMENT GRANTED DUE TO NO SHOW FROM LTSB

Yorkshire - £498+£102.64+£80 = £680.64 COURT DATE TO BE ADVISED - ALLOCATED TO SMALL CLAIMS TRACK

Your warrant request has been accepted. The warrant has now been sent to the bailiff at the appropriate court for action

:eek::)

Egg PPI - LBA

Well done Dan. You can't have long to wait for your money now! Couldn't happen to a more deserving bank.:p

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

i assume they can still weasel out of this though ?

Egg PPI - LBA

I think it might have passed the point of no return now Dan. Don't think any judge would be sympathetic to them after ignoring everything up to a warrant :D

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Just came accross this in the Consumer forum. Explains what will happen now your warrant has been issued.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-bailiffs/20492-legal-actions-explained-company.html

Excellent news Dan!

I'm so desperate for Dan to get his money!

The 14 day deadline on my LBA to Yorkshire expires on Monday - already starting completing moneyclaim so I'm avidly following progress here.

Yorkshire Bank - owe me £1956

Prelim letter sent 17/07/06

"Forget it" letter received 19/07/06

LBA sent 21/07/06

Claim submitted 08/08/06

Defence received Day 28 07/09/06

Allocation questionnaire sent 13/09/06

YB offer £1588 + £120 costs 27/09/06

Rejected! 29/09/06

YB offer £1985 + £220 costs 21/12/06

Accepted! 22/12/06

Awaiting cheque

Barclays Bank - owe me £229

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 13/07/06

£10 cheque returned, duplicate statements coming soon letter rec'd 20/07/06

Statements received on Day 41

Prelim letter sent 8th Jan 07

Nationwide BS - owe me £329

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 13/07/06

Statements received very promptly

Prelim letter sent 8th Jan 07

This is great news for us all - we all want to see YB getting what they deserve!! Brilliant Dan!!!!! :D :D

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

im not sure whats meant to be happening now,

i assume the court its been transferred to will contact me or summat ?

Egg PPI - LBA

ok,

letter from Clydesdale

says they never recieved anything

applying for a set aside if i dont consent by August 4th (letter only recieved today) and intend to defend

interestingly the letter states on the 31st July YB's Ashby Branch advised Legal Services that judgement had been entered - i never sent anything to the asby branch

also i applied for judgement on 20th July and it was issued the same day - wonder why did it take YB Ashby so long to notify Legal Services ?

what should i do ?

Egg PPI - LBA

I don't know what you should do, I assume the bank will get the set aside granted, they usually do.

I think it's disgusting that banks are getting away with saying they didn't receive any paperwork from the courts.

Someone ought to make a list of all the times it has happened to members of this forum, ask the courts to investigate why the amount of Banks claiming this is so high. I don't understand why important papers such as these aren't sent via a tracked delivery service.

Pure delay and intimidatory tactics yet again from YB, I hate this lot more everytime I read another post about them.

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

Why do the courts issue deadlines and allow the banks to ignore them. It really is unacceptable. YB's internal comminications must be questionable with legal papers going missing. Bad luck Dan. Looks like the waiting is far from over now if Rachels mums case is anything to go by.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Surely there has to be some kind of apeal process? If you can protest at the application of a stay I don't see why a motion to set aside judgement can't be met with an objection. This is just delaying tac-tics, absolutely disgusting.

Slippery *********!!

Dont need to say much more, its infuriating, and yet you have got so near. perhaps the Courts may realise more than we know and not grant the set aside??? We can all live in hope.

Rachel

What pees me off even more, is if you said that you didnt pay your CC billa as you didnt receive the statement, they would be laughing their backsides off as they charge you for the privilege

I am absolutely disgusted and livid that they have done something so underhand.

im going to let them apply for the set aside

problem is, they have wrote to Northampton and the case has been transferred to S****horpe (lol the filter will not let me type my local courts location) after my Warrant was issued

my warrant was issued on the 1st and the letter off Clydesdale is dated 2nd

they want to apply for a without notice application

what gets me, and i hope the court see is that fact that default was issued on 20th July and it took them until the 31st July for someone at YB Ashby (claim was sent to a different branch) to tell Legal Services

i just don't know what my obligations are now the bank has made contact but ive already paid the bailiff fee

Egg PPI - LBA

I would write to the judge and explain your concerns about the unreasonableness and incompetence of their lateness in taking action, leading you to believe that you had won, and that you feel continued delay caused by a set aside would be unacceptable. Also point out that you have paid the bailffs fees so would like this back if the warrant is not to be executed.

Perhaps you could go on to explain that you would like the bank to explain exactly how the fees are calculated, as you have not received details of any manual intervention leading you to believe that the process is automated, so unlikely to cost as much as they say, therefore are punitive.

Just shows their incompetence again, as they would obviously have been notified at some point that the case had been transferred from Northampton to Scunny (I assume the filter will let me type that!!)

I would do as Caro says, and write to the judge outlining their contemptuous attitude to the whole legal/court system and their blatant disregard of procedures that are in place.

Rachel

will rustle something up at lunch - thanks for the advice :)

Egg PPI - LBA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks