Mr HelzPeanut Vs Moorcroft

me_n_my_kids
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Go get em cowboy - lmao.

maybe you could either here or email me some advice as to where to start, what letters to send etc. maybe wait until i am officially informed the sell was a mistake? sorry im so useless right now, i actually think im in slow labour lol so not with it in the slightest, this is taking my mind off it great though!:cool:

Sorry, cowgirl ! what a Calamity eh Jane? :D I'll try and drum-up something later - going for a walk now, first bit of sun!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moorcroft may only have been acting as an intermediary - they were a DCA, not assignees of the original debt*, so theres is every chance Moorcroft is out of the loop.... only the folk behind the Argos Card will know for sure.

*They could easily take their commission and pass the balance to Argos

I can give you a easy response to this as I work for Cabot. Argos sold loads of accounts to cabot that were still woth moorcroft and shouldn't have been sold on. you need to carry on dealing with moorcroft and not cabot as cabot told you. you should receive a letter from cabot advising you to remain dealing with cabot.

Hope this helps

wulfin

Isn't there something in the OFT guidelines about only using one DCA at a time ?

Report Argos, Moorcroft and CABOT:o to your local trading standards and to the OFT. They may have made a mistake, but it is their problem not yours....

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Sorry forgot to mention, as the debt was incorrectly sold to CABOT and Cabot wrote to you, they breached the DPA as they never had your authority to process your personal data. Before contacting you, they should have checked their facts.

As I am sure wulf will confirm, when Cabot buys a debt they don't actually receive any documentation, instead they just start firing off letters and haressing people by phone, they hope to intimidate people into paying them........

Did I mention, I don't like Cabot ?? lol

tbern123 vs Cabot

lol tbern i would never have guessed! to be honest im a little confused with what my next stage should be. ive done nothing so far apart from sending my CCA, which Moorcroft default on tomorrow.

If anyone knows of a letter or anything else that i should be doing about this id be glad of it, this is starting to go over my head a little but im keen to pursue!

Don't worry... I told you that before.... we'll sort out a letter for you. This will be surprisingly well within your grasp. It's fairly simple once the jig saw takes shape. Couldn't get to the pc today much ( wifey thing :D ) so will sort out tomorrow for you. Sleep tight.

The advice you are getting is sound advice.

I’m sure andrew1 will sort a suitable letter out for you, but in the mean time I have sent you a suggested letter (PM) that I have used to great affect.

Feel free to alter, amend or disregard, as you feel fit.

I would also be inclined to send Cabot a CCA request, to get that piece of the jigsaw into place. As you will be aware, they have to prove the debt is yours within the time frame, or else their stuffed. And they can’t legitimately pursue you further until they get permission from the court.

Hope this picture and the letters helps, and continue to enjoy your Christmas knowing your stuffing these Turkeys.

How I enjoy that Christmas spirit and all the joy it brings....:D :D

Thanks very much TA for the post and the PM :)

The letter you sent me should be sent to Cabot, am i right? And a CCA to Cabot also.

Still waiting on the CCA reply from moorcroft, nothing at all as yet, but like i said in my other more general post, the mail for today has not been yet so fingers crossed there is still nothing from them, and they will be in default today ;)

I wish id known about this forum a long time ago, would have saved me many tears and heartache!!!

If I was you, I would keep pushing Cabot until they confirm in writing that they are not dealing with your account. I would also send them a Subject Access Request to establish what information had been disclosed to them....

By the sounds of things... Argos made a big boo boo

tbern123 vs Cabot

From previous experience if Moorcroft have signed for the letter ( highly unlikely as monkeys work there! ) they do not have any on site legal persons to deal with it. It would be some 18 year old who doesnt have a clue what they are doing....(I was older and wiser and only stayed for 3 months!).

The best way to contact them is via email as most people dont take the post seriously enough. Go to their website and put your ref in and email them to confirm receipt. If you call you will only get harassed for the money as they dont know any better ( believe me its a joke of a company).:lol:

I would recommend you ask speak to anyone of the 'MacRoberts' as they own the company or someone called Dawn McGuire as she is the manager in the call centre and will be more helpful then the telephone monkeys...:lol:

GOOD LUCK

Maxibon

Gonna take them for all I can and enjoy every second!:lol:

RBS Account 1- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Account 2 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Ac1- recvd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 28/12/2006

Statements recvd Account 1 on 05/01/07

LBA issued for Account 1 on 06/01/07

7 days grace being given till 09/02/07

Still no Response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on Acc 2

Breach on acc 2 DPA request

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Defense submitted 30/03/07

If you need any advice re Moorcroft just ask!! :cool:

If I have been of any help and you think I deserve it!

Please click my scales to the left and if you wish leave a comment :D

May be worth checking with royal mail on that one...I don't see any harm in emailing them. They have to record on your file when any correspondence received so at least they may be able to tell you if they have it...

I do doubt it though as they didnt like signing for mail...I wonder why!!!:D

Maxibon

Gonna take them for all I can and enjoy every second!:lol:

RBS Account 1- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Account 2 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Ac1- recvd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 28/12/2006

Statements recvd Account 1 on 05/01/07

LBA issued for Account 1 on 06/01/07

7 days grace being given till 09/02/07

Still no Response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on Acc 2

Breach on acc 2 DPA request

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Defense submitted 30/03/07

If you need any advice re Moorcroft just ask!! :cool:

If I have been of any help and you think I deserve it!

Please click my scales to the left and if you wish leave a comment :D

quite often the mail and recorded delivery are delivered in a bundle and only 1 signature is taken for whole bundle. I would go on premise that they received it and if it was a cheque you can check that way when it's cashed even postal orders can be tracked.

Would you mind posting a copy of the letters you sent (the ones from Andrew1) As I want to sent one to Cabot for the same reasons as you but its all a bit confusing!

Hope all goes well for you.

• 1 month later...

i have today received a letter from moorcroft who ran out of time on 24th jan on a cca request. they say they have spoken to client who have confirmed they cannot provide agreement. please can we call to discuss account. could someone point me in the direction of a letter i can send in reply please?:D

See my thread. (Maybe we can compare?)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-592192.html

Good luck, regards, Dave.

WHERE HAVE OUR AVATARS GONE...???!

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--