It's 4 me car insurance

iskanda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I’m having a few problems with it’s 4 me and online car insurance broker. I held insurance with them last year which was coming up for renewal in January. I sold the car that I was insuring with them late December. About the same time, I had a letter from them saying that renewal documents would be turning up shortly and to return to continue with insurance. I called them early January to say that I’ve sold the car, so didn’t want to renew the policy. They informed me I should send them proof that I no longer owned the car (which I thought was a bit odd), but I sent them a copy of the DVLA change of ownership document anyway with a covering letter stating I didn’t want the car insurance any longer. I didn’t receive any renewal documentation afterwards, so I thought job done. Despite this, about two weeks later (middle of January), they still debited the premium from my account without authorisation (in hindsight, I should have just cancelled the DD, but completely forgot). That got me really annoyed so I called them and also sent in a strongly worded letter asking for my money back; this was at the end of January. February came and went with not so much as a whisper out of them. So, a couple of days ago, I sent them a final letter telling them to return my money within 28 days or I shall consider legal proceedings against them. Has anyone had any dealings with these folks before? Am I on the right track do you think in considering small claims?

Thanks everyone.

Your best bet might be the ombudsman on this case as this could be sorted out by a letter from them rather than court docs, but either way good luck..

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Funny, I go the other way. How DARE they insist that you were lying by stating they wanted proof that you had disposed of your vehicle? It's none of their da*n business. You're not paying for a policy renewal, so it will lapse, but you told them, and the STILL took the money? I would be livid! Why did you not ask the bank for a reversal of the debit under the DDM 'guarantee'? You have no policy, they had no right to take the money, AND you provided the 'proof' they asked for - you want the funds repatriated, along with £25 to cover your inconvenience and expenses.

Funny, I go the other way. How DARE they insist that you were lying by stating they wanted proof that you had disposed of your vehicle? It's none of their da*n business. You're not paying for a policy renewal, so it will lapse, but you told them, and the STILL took the money? I would be livid! Why did you not ask the bank for a reversal of the debit under the DDM 'guarantee'? You have no policy, they had no right to take the money, AND you provided the 'proof' they asked for - you want the funds repatriated, along with £25 to cover your inconvenience and expenses.

Hi Buzby,

Don't get me wrong. I'm very, very annoyed. I've sent a complaint into the Ombudsmen stating I want return of my money and compensation for the hassle. Also, specifically asking them what buisness the company had asking me for proof that i'd sold the car as this seemed to me an invasion of my privacy. I also stated in the complaint form that this seemed like unreliable cash processing and poor administrative ability. Key points for companies regulated by the FSA.

I've also filed a small claims action, so I'm really stirring this up. I might need a bigger spoon soon! :)

I suspect that the insurer were requesting proof of sale as you were (quite rightly) asking for the cancellation to be backdated. It is common practice for proof of sale to be requested in this instance.

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07

I think you're probably right Chris. It's4me still haven't made any attempt to contact me in anyway to help which is pretty poor, so I'm gonna make a bit of a nuisance of myself - I like to think of it as karma? ;).

I suspect that the insurer were requesting proof of sale as you were (quite rightly) asking for the cancellation to be backdated. It is common practice for proof of sale to be requested in this instance.

Were you? You simply said you weren't renewing, there was no element of trying to get a refund for the unused part of the policy (which MIGHT be barely a legitimate reason, but certainly not otherwise!)