Global Vantedge - MBNA ???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A quick query,

MBNA has passed my account to Global Vantedge in New Delhi, India to collect payment (1 month in arrears).

In the past my account has been passed to Credit Solutions, Surrey which I have been annoyed at as my personal details have been passed to a third party.

I am really annoyed they have transmitted my personal details half-way round the world to India. I'm really concerened about security of my data. Specially after the Panerama edition on Indian call centres and data theft.

I take it in my credit card T&Cs there is a clause that allows them to do this.

Craig

MBNA has passed my account to Global Vantedge in New Delhi...

In the past my account has been passed to Credit Solutions, Surrey...

I'm really concerened about security of my data. Specially after the Panerama edition on Indian call centres and data theft.

I take it in my credit card T&Cs there is a clause that allows them to do this.

Craig

I have experienced both of those agencies and in the short term expect you will be more annoyed by the barrage of unlawful, threatening phonecalls from GVI.

If you keep on at them for harassing you, eventually you get put onto a "supervisor" who just repeats the same lies to you. If you wear them out you get put onto MBNA themselves in Chester. They will (reluctantly) agree to "remove your account from the outsourcing list" so that you will no longer receive calls from GVI, although they point out this will take a couple of days to be actioned. Unfortunately, the calls do not stop but the frequency is dramatically reduced, to just one or two a day in my experience.

I don't have any MBNA agreements to hand to check wording. IIRC some of mine have clauses about exporting your data from the EU, specifically to USA for purpose of processing the card application but not limited to that purpose or country. They claim something along the lines of their contracts with third parties overseas including data protection requirements similar to those provided by UK/EU law.

There is plenty about harassment from Global Vantedge Inc and from MBNA themselves on other threads.

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

Hi when I rang MBNA about being harresed by Global advantage re number of phone calls per day and time of calls even on a sunday. They said they MBNA were an american company and were covered by USA law not UK they would not listen so I said see you in court. Am claiming now.

dpick

I think the best I can do is when I put my SAR into MBNA I will request all communications also from third parties involving my account (which i'm perfectly entitled to, I think!).

This should give them a bit of a headache - hopefully!

Craig

Hi when I rang MBNA about being harresed by Global advantage re number of phone calls per day and time of calls even on a sunday. They said they MBNA were an american company and were covered by USA law not UK

And yet their stationery reports "MBNA Europe Bank Limited" with a registered office in Chester and a "registered in England" company number.

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.