Bitingback at MBNA

bitingback
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been through the loop once with Abbey thus far, and am about to start the MBNA episode.

Will be sending the SAR to them tomorrow ( I assume that I can just use the same one as in the templates folder).

I would welcome any assistance from you veterns of the MBNA trenches as no doubt i will have questions for you.

Thanks in advance.

BB

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I have been through the loop once with Abbey thus far, and am about to start the MBNA episode.

Will be sending the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to them tomorrow ( I assume that I can just use the same one as in the templates folder).

I would welcome any assistance from you veterns of the MBNA trenches as no doubt i will have questions for you.

Thanks in advance.

BB

hi bittingback

i sent my s.a.r to abbey and nbna on 2nd march

i havent received any statements from them, but they took my 10.00 and cashed it last month

i have also sent the following

DEAR SIR/MADAM

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated 02/03/2007.

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

and i still havent heard a thing from them

i dont know what to do next, any suggestions would be much appreciated

good luck with your claim, they deserve everything thats coming to them lol

Hi Adelita,

I just replied to your PM so hope it helps. My timescales have slipped a bit so must update this later.

Regards

BB

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[

biting back - did you send ID?

If not - then MBNA will come back to you at the end of the 40 days and offer you a list of charges 'free of charge' and return your cheque - it will say if you want a full subject access request then send ID and £10.

They purely waste your time playing games - have you proof of postage? - I'd send them some ID saying your SAR request is exactly that and you've sent ID. Remind then that your 40 days started the day they received your original letter.

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Hi biting, welcome to MBNA, i have 5 days left until the deadline is up on my SAR, so i may have to send a non-compliance letter if nothing happens, by the looks of the threads i have read MBNA are a complete nightmare to deal with, either by letter or on the phone (nice and polite but not very helpfull) as Redsue has said, make sure you send ID with a note saying for the avoidance of doubt, your SAR is to be treated as such,

good luck with it and i'll see you in live chat no doubt,

Lee:D

:)I am not an expert at this, any advice i give is from reading posts on this site, its all in here somewhere :)

:) If i have helped please click the scales:)

NatWest Settled 16th february 2007----£3902.67 All charges, costs and s.69 interest

MBNA- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 25th March 2007

MBNA missed deadline, LBA for SAR sent 8th May 2007

CCA request sent 8th May 2007

biting back - did you send ID?

If not - then MBNA will come back to you at the end of the 40 days and offer you a list of charges 'free of charge' and return your cheque - it will say if you want a full subject access request then send ID and £10.

They purely waste your time playing games - have you proof of postage? - I'd send them some ID saying your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request is exactly that and you've sent ID. Remind then that your 40 days started the day they received your original letter.

With the assistance of Battleaxe...thank the gods.

I've now decided to go straight into filing an N1 with the county court.

Why do they ask for an I.D. when they still send the letters to your address and call you at the same number?

Daft Question but what constitutes Proof of ID please, you can guess I haven't sent same so wouldnt moid preempting them.

Thanks thus far

[

Daft Question but what constitutes Proof of ID please, you can guess I haven't sent same so wouldnt moid preempting them.

Thanks thus far

Driving licence or passport.

I'm sure if you send it to them, they'll come up with something else.