GSMGuy v Woolwich

GSMGuy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wahey - court date received....

When??? Valentines Day NEXT year....

Anyway copy of the letter is attached.... Do I now need to put together a "bundle?"

img014tz3.jpg

Do I need to be worried??

Cheers

Mike

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Thailand - I take it I just need to provide both the court and the Woolwich with copies of everything I am going to take on the day... I presume I can also add the cost of postage and copying etc to the claim?

Mike

Sorry Mike, I haven't looked into the bundle stuff yet - I decided to do that when I get my court date. It doesn't say you need to forward anything though, I hope someone will clarify this for you. With regard to adding costs to your claim - thats a tricky one. It has been done but generally on the small claims track each party is to cover its own costs, try if you like (and be reasonable) the judge could only say no. But you won't get to court because Barclays will likely fold before then!

Mike, this is what you need http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Just send one copy to the court, one copy to Barclays, and one copy for yourself. Then just sit back and wait for your letter or phone call to discus settlement. Good luck!

Oh, forgot to mention, I now have additional charges to add of circa £2000 - over £600 of which is since I began action! Can I ask to have these added? If so, at which stage - and how?

Mike

think kj has been given time off on medicle grounds caused by stress relating to the amount of claims against woolwich/barclays/barclaycard !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Ah well, maybe they will pay the next claim at the LBA stage - seems a shame not to be able to add it - I wonder if..... If a dialogue is started, it may be worth mentioning it - I suppose it can't do any harm.....

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Right thanks guys - all 87 pages sent off by special delivery to the court and the Woolwich.. Wonder what will happen now, as the court date is over 2 months away - do you think I will get some contact soon, or will they leave me waiting??

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Well. looks like I can expect some contact - Got a letter in response to my complaining about them passing the account to Wescott... Blah Blah..

I thought the little bit at the end was interesting....

img025ww2.th.jpg

Quote "When they contact you in the next few weeks"

Hmm... Court date is set for 14th Feb, checked with the court last week and they had received and filed my bundle... So here's hoping......

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hmm, had no contact from them - BUT they have now registered a default against me on 20th Dec for the overdrawn (charges) amount of my current account - Surely they cannot do this? When they passed it to Wescott, I wrote to them saying the account was in dispute and they should not have passed it to Wescott - They then took it back, I would assume the same applies over issung a default? I have done a CCA and got a quick response, they sent a copy of the termination notice they issued on 08/09/06 saying they would close the account in 14 days - which they did not, and still have not done.... Can I get this default removed???

Mike

I am not sure bout the default, someone else will deal with that,,

Could I just ask you how long your account has been with collections and how long it took them before they registered a default ?? are you much over your overdraft ?

Sorry to jump in but my current account is in trouble too, need a timescale..

Delboy

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

Hiya, account was £400 over it's £100 OD limit for about 2 months before they passed it to collections and registered the default - I am waiting for the team manager from Wooly Collections to call me back re the default...

Mike

Ta for that, Did you send them a ( the Woolwich) "account is in dispute" letter as well as wescott??

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

Hmm, received a notification of adjournment to attempt settlement by mediation and an invite to a mediation "taster" day where the mediation will be free of charge.... Think it's the Court rather than Woolly.... Also is it possible to get my claim amended to order removal of the default they placed after I had issued and notified them the account was in dispute?

Mike

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks